Equipment issue

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Greek_beast95, May 2, 2018.

1. Greek_beast95

Greek_beast95 Junior Member

okay so I’ve been doing strictly dumbbell excersises for a couple months now and have been enjoying it , I have two adjustable dumbbells that both hold 100 lbs, problem is the handles were total crap and broke . And the weights that came with these handles aren’t standard 1” weights there 1 1/8” and I can’t find any dumbbell handles that I can buy online that are also 1 1/8” that hold 100 lbs, do you guys know of any and if not would it be a dumb idea to switch over to strictly lifting with Olympic dumbbells because I have plenty of 2” Olympic weights I could use if I purchased Olympic dumbbell handles, thank you!

2. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

What brand were the 'bells? Saw a combo pair 100 lbs for under 300$ Id go the olympic route as handles are about 30 bucks a piece.

3. Greek_beast95

The brand is unipack , I got them on amazon . I was thinking Olympic dumbbells would be bad ass because you can pack on so much more weight but I see that lots of people online say they suck to use And are awkward to workout with so I’m not sure which route to go

4. Evom1

Evom1 Member

They do, think of the clearance issues if you tried to let's say bench with them. Even with 25s on there, they're going to be hitting your arm as you go down

CAswole likes this.
  5. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Thought i saw some longer ones that made it possible to put about 6 or 7 ten pound plates per side.

6. Evom1

Evom1 Member

That would be a great design!

7. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Believe they were over 20 inches long. Believe they were made by Titan. I will try to find them again. Im going to pick a pair up shortly.

8. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Screenshot_20180502-153323.png

CrispyRockClimber likes this.
  9. Greek_beast95

Now with those 20” handles wouldn’t the clearance and awkwardness be even worse ? I’m just curious

10. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

In what way? A ten pound plate isnt that tall.

11. Greek_beast95

Hmmm shit , you might be on to something here haha. So I could for awkward exercises pack it up with 10 pounders and then for workouts that are easier to maneuver something large I can pack it up with big weights

12. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Missed this deal a few days ago.:(
    5-100!!!!!! Screenshot_20180502-182816.png

13. showstoppa

showstoppa Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Get the rogue Ohio loadable db handles. You won't regret it. Either that or switch to powerblocks or iron master but that's $$$$

Oldschool likes this.
  14. Greek_beast95

I just checked those out and the issue with this is that they don’t appear to be for 1 1/8” plates

15. Greek_beast95

Is the rogue handles for 2” plates ?

16. showstoppa

Yea rogue is for 2". They are loadable with Olympic plates.

Look in the end you can sit here and buy over and over as the things break or you can buy once, cry once.

Oldschool likes this.
  17. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

So true. You get what you pay for.

On another note @showstoppa
    I owe you an apology. Dont know if you recall our pm's about a training program that you recommended. I ordered the program but didnt receive it? You sent me the entire fucking program to help me out. I just recently opened the file you sent. That was fucking very cool of you to do and I apologize for not thanking you sooner.

18. showstoppa

No problem brother.

Oldschool likes this.