Extremely low SHBG with low total T, high free T and a TSH of 4.1

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by PharmD518, Nov 2, 2019.

1. PharmD518

PharmD518 Member

Screenshot_20191102-125030.png Screenshot_20191102-124936.png Attached are pictures of my labs. Why could my shbg be so low? My A1C is 5.4% so I'm not diabetic or insulin resistant. My lipids were all WNL. I don't seem to have metabolic disease. My thyroid does seem a little hypoactive with my TSH at 4.6 but my t3 and t4 were both normal. I do have symptoms of tiredness and itchy skin but put it down to night shift and dry air.
    I was taking 200 mg of deca while I had these labs. I know AAS can lower shbg but to that extent?
    (TSH 4.6 not 4.1 that I accidentally wrote in thread title. )

2. PharmD518

PharmD518 Member

Couldn't figure out how to upload all of them. Here is an Imgur album link.

3. PharmD518

PharmD518 Member

My SHBG has been chronically low over the years but I don't think ever this low. My TSH has always been slowly creeping up. Few years ago it was in the 3.0's. Now at 4.6 and actually flagged high. But my t3 and T4 are normal which from my understanding may mean I have subclinical hypothyroidism?
    Is it worth trying to lower TSH with thyroid hormone in an effort to bring SHBG up? Is sluggish thyroid the reason my sex hormone may be low?
    Also, did we do the right estrogen test? We tested estriol which is very elevated but I'm not sure how significant that is for a male, considering my estradiol looks good, if anything a little on the low side...