Favorite gym tunes. Head phones or no headphones.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TRT, Jul 10, 2018.

1. TRT

TRT Member

Okay, so I know a few guys who hate listening to music in the gym. They say it's a distraction from what their doing and it can be frustrating when your working out with someone and they either keep taking their headphones off to talk or you have too.

Me personally, I enjoy listening to music when I'm alone which is 90% of the time.

What do you guys do and what's your recent favorite tunes? Looking for some new motivation music.

2. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

What kind of animal doesn't like listening to music at the gym?

3. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I’m always alone. Always headphones. It turns my world inward where I can focus. Otherwise (in my little local gym) I’m listening to people yacking.

And they’re obviously less likely to start up a distracting convo when you have plugs in your ears

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. HIGHRISK

HIGHRISK Member

Headphones always! Usually old school rap

5. chileandawg

chileandawg Member

Poliquin style some kenny rogers

6. Sp2.0

Sp2.0 Member

I workout alone so I like head phones.
    Lately it's been 90's alt rock on Pandora

7. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Workout alone, headphones, metal and rap. Although got a pretty solid mix of almost everything right now.

8. TRT

TRT Member

I recently went out and bought the big pair of headphones that look like the "b" headphones and I love them. My issue wasn't being able to listen to music with the ear buds it was cancelling out the other noise. People in the gym are so loud. Not to mention the gym is playing some stupid ass music. Like how the fuck am I supposed to get pumped to Taylor swift?

These were cheap from Walmart. $30 and wireless. 1531313549563.jpeg

9. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Kenny Rogers and a hcg cycle. You sir are rock & roll

chileandawg, NorthMich and Oldschool like this.
  10. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Lol!

11. chileandawg

chileandawg Member

Hey it was oldie poliquin's article.From my part it was a joke.

In fact I listen some music when Im doing cardio.

12. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

There are a couple of "talkers" at the gym when I go. I started wearing headphones with no sound just to discourage them. Otherwise I'm OK with or without music, whatever happens to be on the gym speakers.

MindlessWork, SuperSwede and TRT like this.
  13. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

I do that too lol. People think it's a cocktail party and want to socialize the whole time.

T-Bagger and flenser like this.
  14. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Screenshot_20180711-195031.png

15. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Screenshot_20180711-193006.png

16. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Screenshot_20180711-194309.png

17. chileandawg

chileandawg Member

When i go to the gym and the gym have speakers i tell to myself:shit hate speakers cuz hate the gym with speakers.

18. TRT

TRT Member

I'm so into ignoring people there that I've seen the same 20 guys for the last 10 years and have never spoken a word to about 90% of them. Plus friends say I'm not very approachable. Funny cause I actually am.

MFMC, MindlessWork and Oldschool like this.
  19. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

People tell me I'm a social butterfly and then other people say I'm quiet???

TRT likes this.
  20. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Initially I didn’t have headphones. Ow I do and I can’t do angry metal or rap. I need to vibe and be focused but in tune. I like a mix between easy listening and upbeat avicii, kygo type music with Motown/soul sprinkled in.

There’s always that 1 dude in the gym that is drawn to me like a moth to flame. Fucking dude never stops talking. I’m cool with a little “yo what’s up?, how you doing” but the 15 minute fucking stories is bullshit

T-Bagger likes this.