Filtering Setup - What's after bottle tops?

Discussion in 'Steroid Homebrew' started by nkosibaas, Jun 19, 2018.

1. nkosibaas

nkosibaas Member

Hey guys - if one were allegedly brewing and wanted a better setup than a bottle top filter, media bottle, and vacuum pump (either hand powered or electric) - what's the next best setup you go for?

Peristaltic pump? Connected to what? How would you put that together? I'm curious what people would consider the next stage in the progression of quality filtration equipment...

2. Next stage? Wat are you trying to accomplish? Faster? Cleaner?

If you want faster, why? Are you selling 10k/wk in gear and working a full time job or 2?

Cleaner? You can only get something so clean... if it's free of contaminants, theres nothing left to clean out...

Just my opinion...hey, maybe you are selling that much gear

3. SuperSwede

SuperSwede Member

It’s good as it is. Nalgene red topfilter (nylon)
    Glass media bottle instead of the shitty bottle they come with that melts or crack. A quality brake bleeder. Perfect for me :D

AnTabolic73 and wedorecover like this.
  4. wedorecover

wedorecover Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Well some of use are still using a caulking gun and Syringe filters:(

5. SuperSwede

SuperSwede Member

I also use syringe filter if i brew like 100-200ml.
    300ml and up i put up the juice rig :D

ickyrica and wedorecover like this.
  6. wedorecover

wedorecover Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Ya im only messing with 100ml at a time ... but thinking about stepping up to a better set up if u don’t mind some day shoot some pics to my pm of ur set up I’d like to check it out

SuperSwede likes this.
  7. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Same here, syringe unless it's going to be a few hundred ml or more.

8. SuperSwede

SuperSwede Member

Yeah i can send pic to your pm next time i use it, no problem.

wedorecover likes this.
  9. Obeast88

Obeast88 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Wouldn’t mind if you would pm me a shot of your setup also I’m looking into purchasing a nice setup just about to grab a used autoclave to have instead of the oven.

10. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

Simple vacuum pump wired up to a light switch.
    Fv2GUOy.jpg
    Connected to bottle top filter
    wPdEVzJ-3.jpg
    jEkEANJ.jpg
    Make sure to use a glass media bottle like this
    7iKBQgS.jpg
    Cuz this is what happens to the cheap plastic ones
    DFb77fK.jpg
    Transfer from media bottle with pipette
    oxkXEiz.jpg
    Or bottle top pump
    s6MkkFf.jpg
    Vial stopper cap n crimp
    FpBifEV.jpg
    Crimpenstein automatic crimper

Autoclave to sanitize all glassware
    FI9K3A7.jpg

Can upgrade to a buchner all glass filter setup
    s-l400.jpg

picholas, Obeast88, TideGear and 3 others like this.
  11. SuperSwede

SuperSwede Member

That autoclave looks nice. I really want to have one :)

12. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

Ebay for like $300

SuperSwede likes this.
  13. LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

Yeah a perstaltic pump and capsule filters would be the next step up to bottle tops . Its not any more sterile and only really makes sense if your pumping out 1500-2000+ml per brew . Thats really the only advantage though is brewing more volume faster . Perstaltic pumps are quiet too , so if you have nosy neighbors or something I guess its better than running a noisy ass vac pump. But thats a pretty dumb reason imo .

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    wedorecover likes this.
  14. TideGear

TideGear Member

What's the advantage to the all glass filter setup?

15. picholas

picholas Member

Longevity. If you have an autoclave or dry heat clave to sterilize glassware then you don't have to worry about replacing the plastic components that break through wear and tear. You would just need to replace the filter membrane.

That and it's shiny and looks cool.

NorthMich, TideGear and Obeast88 like this.
  16. Praeceptorem

Praeceptorem Member

That’s really a nice set up!!! You can get autoclaves on eBay ? Lol I’m gonna look now.

17. RYDER80

RYDER80 Member

Quick question fellas: So, I've never brewed 2 compounds in 1 yet.. I was wondering this: I only have 1 syringe filter left and have a little tren a and test p powder. Since, I only have 1 filter left I was going to make a blend.. Can I brew 100mg of each together? So, I would use 4 grams of each to make 40cc of testp/tren a @ 100mg each? Would have any issue with it holding since technically it would be 200 mg total.. 100mg of each..?

18. LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

I make a prop/tren/mast blend at 300 mg per ml , but ive only made it with 100% EO. I dont know if it would hold in just regular gso ot mct though , even at 200mg it would be close to the edge of what would hold.

Just for reference I make the tri-blend with 1/24% ba bb , in 100% EO . But if you dont have EO give it a whirl at 1/20-22% ba bb in gso/mct and if it doesnt hold just cut it back to 150mg .

RYDER80 likes this.
  19. picholas

picholas Member

Can confirm, first go. Got the pressure up to 300 and it was working fine. Walked away do to stuff, came back, cracked.

Media bottle is coming soon.

20. You can in fact do this. 20%bb should work and it may have some bite to it. Will take some patience to get it dissolved.

RYDER80 likes this.