First cutting cycle help

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by JC Grifter, Feb 14, 2020.

1. JC Grifter

JC Grifter Member

Hello boys. I’ve only ever done lean bulks and one recomp. I’m doing my first actual cutting cycle ever. I’ve never had a lot of body fat but as I continue to put on more muscle I Really want to get rid of the fat on my lower belly and a little bit in my chest.

i’m ending week five on a cutting cycle that consist of 300mg NPP and 300mg Test. Just added Winstrol this week.
    I’ve been in a 600 calorie deficit. Heavy weight training 4 days a week. 30 minute cardio 7 days a week. I haven’t lost an ounce of fat and getting irritated. Just by the laws of thermodynamics I should’ve lost some fat. The scale hasn’t moved And it’s a little concerning that I look exactly the same in the mirror after five weeks.

I haven’t lost any muscle or any strength which is a plus considering I’m in such a deficit. I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong here and can use some help. Is it possible I’m in too big of a deficit so my body is trying to hold onto the fat?
    I’m making sure I have at least around 200 grams of protein and the rest split however between fat and carbs a. Macros have typically been
    Protein - around 200grams
    Carbs - around 125 grams
    Fat - around 50

2. Chmewy

Chmewy Member

Could be your body fat percentage is dropping but muscle is growing as well a tad bit. That could explain as to why you don’t see any overall weight loss, could also be the fact that water is being held. Another is diet. Even if you are eating at a 600 kcal deficit, it won’t do much if you are still eating that Big Mac 3 times a week and drinking a pack of soda a week. Depending on how much you weigh, I would increase that protein amount. I know some people do 1.5x or 2x there overall body weight or just lean muscle mass. I personally don’t like going above 30 grams of fat and 100 carbs. Now when you say when you look in the mirror and you see no change, you should expect that. You gotta remember you look at yourself multiple times a day every day for that 5 weeks. Of course you ain’t gonna see any change unless you have something to compare it to. For example, my first cycle I gained 35 pounds overall, some fat and water but a lot of muscle. I didn’t notice anything until I saw a pic. Even people were telling me I changed and got huge but I didn’t see it, and that was 35 pounds

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    JC Grifter likes this.
  3. JC Grifter

JC Grifter Member

I hear you on the type of food. I have IBS and even if I wanted to eat crap I couldn’t lol. I’d get so sick. Proteins have been turkey, chicken, tuna, salmon, Greek yogurt, etc. Carbs only come from rice and sweet potatoes. Only drink water and green tea. I was thinking there could be some water retention, stopping the scale from moving. As far as the mirror, the amount of fat is the same if I physically grab it too, so it’s not just the appearance.

I’ll try bumping up protein a little higher as you recommend and lower the fat and carbs. do you think I’m doing too much cardio? 5 days light jog. 2 days 9 incline on a treadmill.

4. kosp

kosp Member

definitely 200p - 125C - 50F are cutting numbers, even more if you do cardio ED, lift heavy and use roids. Something´s happening.

How is going your waist? For me that measurement is the most reliable way to know if you´re dropping fat.

JC Grifter likes this.
  5. JC Grifter

JC Grifter Member

You make a good point. I’m going to start measuring my waist instead of just looking in the mirror. And I’m definitely going to increase the protein. I’ve been to focused on keeping calories low that I’m missing out of the extra protein!

kosp likes this.
  6. JC Grifter

JC Grifter Member

I just saw your edit. Good point on seeing myself everyday. Makes it hard to notice the difference.

7. kosp

kosp Member

Protein 1g/lb is enough for everybody, even less, I don´t think It´s that important.

More is taking the habit of eating low calorie-dense foods in almost all your meals and low carb diet. Also eating plenty of times a day and drinking a lot of water.

T L likes this.
  8. JC Grifter

JC Grifter Member

I hover in the low to mid 180s, so I felt I was getting enough protein. I was drinking a little over a gallon a day, but now with the Winstrol added I’m closer to 2 gallons.

It’s so strange to see some increase in muscle in a deficit and no change in fat. I wonder if having IBS effects me losing fat. Maybe it effects insulin sensitivity because of how I absorb nutrients?

9. Chmewy

Chmewy Member

Also if you eat to many carbs, your body will use that as it’s fuel source instead of fat. It’s all trail and error so don’t worry and work your self up over it. I’d say take a pic now of yourself in the morning with no food in you and try and find a pic of you from before you took your cycle, preferably not to far back and see if you see a difference.

10. Chmewy

Chmewy Member

That’s true. I’m pretty sure you really only need like .83x lean body mass but don’t take my word on that. I just see it as more ain’t worse so I like going for 1.5x just to make sure

11. Chmewy

Chmewy Member

That could also be it as well. Steroids make you hold onto a hella a lot more water than normal, so with you filling yourself up to 2 gallons a day alone with water will make you hold onto weight. Not a bad thing, keep goin with it. Also if your E2 is a bit high, you can get moon face and make you look fatter there as well so keep that in mind

JC Grifter likes this.
  12. kosp

kosp Member

Yes, this time I am going to do 250 test - 500 mast, for cutting. I expect to bloat 0, let's see.