Free-Range & Grass-Fed Meats

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by TheH0517, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TheH0517

TheH0517 Member

A month ago I decided to start buying all free range chicken, eggs, grass-fed beef, and wild fish. Mainly to see if it helps with inflammation and digestion as research suggests.

Do y’all feel it’s worth it to spend twice as much on this type of meat?

2. Endure

Endure Member

If it works for you it works for you. I always hear the omega 3/6 balance is better on grassfed/freerange.

3. TheH0517

TheH0517 Member

Ya, it’s supposed to be. My plan was to go a few month and see what differences I notice, specifically with beef. I just weigh the $50+/wk extra I’m spending with the actual efficacy of the “better quality” meat and money speaks loudly.

4. Endure

Endure Member

I know I definitely prefer the taste of grassfed chicken and beef vs. CAFO. Eggs I can't tell a difference on and don't worry about personally.

T-Bagger likes this.
  5. TheH0517

TheH0517 Member

Honestly, eggs are the one thing I can tell the biggest difference with. The yolks are so much better

6. Munky

Munky Member

Use good Grass Fed butter to cook if ya fry anything, always stainless steel appliances

T-Bagger likes this.
  7. Evom1

Evom1 Member

I've always wondered about this. It's just hard to pay double

8. Eman

Eman Member

Grassfed ground beef tastes better to me, but steaks really don't taste very good.

I buy free range eggs from a farm, which are much better than store bought.

Overall, I've never really noticed a difference. It really comes down to overall diet. I don't think the nutritional profile is THAT much better that you should feel obligated to pay much more. I get a lot of grass fed ground beef at Aldi because it's reasonably priced. I like to follow a vertical style diet, which makes me feel pretty good.

9. maxmuscle01

maxmuscle01 Member

I like any cut that is antibiotic free.( That’s the main thing I look at) it’s usually smaller operations

10. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Some of the best steak I ever ate was grass fed, not including filet mignon. No comparison with the grain fed stuff from the store.

11. Eman

Eman Member

I hate it! Tastes like it's got way too much iron in it. Grass fed, grain finished is my preference... But again, I do like grass fed ground beef. I just don't think grass creates enough fat marbling to bring out that top grade taste.

T-Bagger likes this.
  12. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Member

Eggs are well worth the money. Free range farm eggs from a local farmer are AMAZING
    Grass fed beef is too lean for my taste. Organic chicken I am willing to pay extra for. The breasts are usually smaller but hormone free is what I want. I only want hormones that come from my Chinese monkey vials.

T-Bagger likes this.