Free test high

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Calipower, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Calipower

Calipower Junior Member

Hey guys on trt and bloods were total test 906, free test 250, estrogen 15(low and going to remedy this), and shbg at 16. Is there any problems with my free test so high?

Regimen: 200mg test cup a week split into two shots, 250mcg hcg 2x weekly, and 2 mg arimidex..

2. dd340

dd340 Junior Member

Stop taking the arimidex, it’s a terrible idea. Unless you you need to be fertile, I would drop the hcg. You have low shbg so I would increase the frequency of injections to probably 4x per week . You are probably insulin resistant which causes a low shbg.

3. Calipower

Calipower Junior Member

So why stop arimidex? Definitely going to lower the dose as it’s to high at the moment but if I have no ai my estro is 45ish. In terms of insulin, I’m probably pretty sensitive, got my bloods done a few months ago and it was at the low end. I also do IF/carnivore for Most meals but not all and I’m lean (220 at 12~14 percent body fat.

4. dd340

dd340 Junior Member

On forums like this everyone will tell you you need to be on an ai but in the real world of TRT for health purposes the science is clear that blocking estrogen is a bad idea. E2 of 45 when taking exogenous test is a very healthy number and you should never block it. It’s good for your bones, heart, visceral fat levels, libido. I’m on TRT and my numbers last time I checked were something like 1200 total test and E2 was in the 45 range just like you. It might take a couple weeks/months to adjust to the new E2 levels but you will be far better off in the long run.

Vipera1 likes this.
  5. phenominal34

phenominal34 Member

I completely agree with this , blocking estrogen is a bad choice ... I started that way cause it was the norm , but then kept researching and reading . I may , rarely take like .25 mgs once every 3 weeks if I’m feeling really bloated and watery but most of the time zero AI , zero hcg ... just Test E for the most part and now just added in masteron E .

6. Calipower

Calipower Junior Member

Any other thoughts from anyone else?

7. TestiCult

TestiCult Member

I think your free test looks good. When my numbers are like that, I get boners that wake me up all night long. E2 is a funny thing, and everyone will tell you different protocols. What I've found is that the sweet spot for E2 is in the 30 range and is great for sexual health, above 50 causes erectile issues and hypertension, and crashing it with too much anastrozole will cause boner probs as well. You absolutely need to have estrogen, and there is definitely a sweet spot.

With Anastrozole you only really need .25mg every 2 days. Dont let the mg strength fool you at all, armidex is extremely effective at suppressing estrogen, that's why it is used in fighting breast cancer because it decimates estradiol levels in breast tissue. Does the same in men so 2mgs/week sounds high to me, I would say .25mgs 2 to 3 times a weeks to slightly lower E2 and see how that feels after 2 weeks

Calipower and bambam333 like this.
  8. Calipower

Calipower Junior Member

Thanks man for your insight. Do you think I should just lower my trt dose some which would lower my free test and estrogen some and may not even need an ai?

TestiCult likes this.
  9. TestiCult

TestiCult Member

Anything between 320-975 ng/dl is fine. I personally like a higher number with test, but usually 200mgs of cyp a week (if deposited correctly) will give around 1200ng/dl two days after shot. It wouldnt hurt to lower that at all, if the goal is perfect TRT. Just from knowing three diff urologists in life, it can be surmised that the right dose of testosterone for TRT is around 150/week. I do 100mgs on perma-cruise and my bloods are always around 750ng/dl... my E2 jumps around depending on how fat I am in the year. Less fat somehow contributes to less E2 for me personally.

Dont forget that after a while at 200mgs you may feel sluggish and short of breath, that would be from all the red blood cell production. Donating blood usually fixes that.

Vipera1 likes this.
  10. dd340

dd340 Junior Member

Sorry but there is just a lot of wrong information in this post.
    1. Everyone has very different responses to TRT so there is no way to no the proper dose
    2. Having test in the 300’s will make almost everyone feel like crap.
    3. Red blood cell production won’t make you short of breathe. That’s nonsense. The tour du France riders use EPO to boost there and I doubt it’s so they can be short of breathe.
    4. There isn’t a sweet spot for E2. Healthy people on a individually correct dose of test should let their E2 be wherever it is. Don’t use an ai. Bodyfat will convert more test to E2 because of the aromatise enzyme is stored in bodyfat.

11. Goingstronger

Goingstronger Member

Dr Raymond Peat says that SHBG is necessary to transport hormones to their receptors, and that therefore the « high free test gives you more bang for your buck » rationale is flawed.

I would be interested to know what @Michael Scally MD and @Dr JIM think of this

12. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

However, the added hcg on top of exogenous test can sometime be a recipe for gyno, in your case it doesn’t seem like that’s an issue. if you stop using adex cold turkey there COULD be an incredible rebound effect with e2 so since you are currently using arimidex the smartest move would be to titrate off. Get bloods done then reevaluate. Don’t ever stop and AI cold turkey. Also you want lower shbg. That’s the purpose behind using proviron and other dht derivatives when running test is to lower shbg. Why the fuck would you want higher shbg. If test is bound it’s useless bro

13. Calipower

Calipower Junior Member

Actually I do have a little gyno from ment and do notice when I take hcg the nips can get a little sensitive. Also, shbg being low is also a negative as it clears out test faster and converts to estrogen quicker from what I’ve read.

14. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

The reason for your free test being high is because of low shbg, which is a good thing. Ment is a tricky compound Because of having to combat the methyl estradiol, and from what I understand not even a ultra sensitive E2 test can give you an idea of where you are at, I have heard quite a few people having good success keeping everything’s. At bay using either low dose letro, and Ralox, and some even say by running masteron E at around 400mg/wk that has worked, but it also depends on the supporting compounds and the their amounts. so if you have a tiny bit of gyno then that would have been important info to have shared when guys were telling you to just stop adex all together. Not trying to be a dick but u less you paint us a decent picture of your overall situation then asking for advice seems sort of silly don’t you think???

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  15. Goingstronger

Goingstronger Member

No problem AT ALL quitting a suicidal AI cold turkey, like aromasin

88GENERAL88 likes this.
  16. dd340

dd340 Junior Member

You DO NOT want a low shbg. Despite the other comments about wanting to lower it, this is nonsense. Low SHBG is associated with earlier death, probably because it is a also associated with insulin resistance.

17. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

NO NO NO, you have your shit mixed up, low shbg can be associate with ow thyroid, but if you correct thyroid there should be no issue, And will also assist with lowering prolactin. you do not want high shbg because that is usually affiliated with An over worked liver and or liver disease which can affect life expectancy, amongst other things, bottom line is you don’t want high and you don’t want ABNORMALLY low either. Best to be between 10-55nmol/L which as you can see is quite a large range. But the lower end is best because lower shbg mean that more total testosterone is bioavailable and not bound specifically shbg. Hence creating a higher level of free test

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  18. Calipower

Calipower Junior Member

Well I didn’t talk about gyno cause I give no fucks about it. All I care about it my health with a free test of 250ish which is way out of range. Low shbg has potable of problems, go check on this forum and others. Just like test, estrogen or other hormones too low can also be bad.

88GENERAL88 likes this.
  19. Goingstronger

Goingstronger Member

Whether it’s desirable is debatable.

Dr Raymond Peat’s theory is that SHBG’s role is to shuttle hormones to the receptor, without it there is no hormonal activity in tissues, it’s just floating around.

20. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

I give up, this is a fucking pointless conversation. You are parroting info you have heard on a forum, LOL, I literally copy and pasted it from google, just to help others others out. You obviously have zero need for help, you just want to air your dirty laundry, and complain, and not giving anyone any important info other that the gear you are on to help establish your situation, so they/I can help.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019