fuck coinbase

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by johnnydoe, Dec 26, 2016.

1. johnnydoe

johnnydoe Member

I tried buying butcoin last nigh. Wouldn't let me buy it said it couldn't authorize payment for me to contact my card people. Has this happened before to anyone? I've made shady purchases with it is this why it happened? I've used this card before with no prob.

ChrisBchicken likes this.
  2. johnnydoe

johnnydoe Member

Disregard my post above. My bank is the one that stopped the transaction because this purchase of bitcoin was coming from somewhere overseas that raised suspicion.

3. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You should reach out to your bank about this issue. Also inquire with coinbase support as well.

4. johnnydoe

johnnydoe Member

I've contacted both. I was just pissed off cause I needed some coin and couldn't get a hold of anyone about the issue because of the holidays. Coinbase said it was on my banks end so I contacted my bank and they said they stopped it because it was coming from somewhere overseas that made them think it could be fraud or something. They said they could lift the hold on the purchase from said country for 24 hours and I could make the purchase but they can only do it for 24 hours and I have to call them when I make purchases like that. What I am wondering is if the country of origin changes with every purchase because I've used that card before and it went through. Anyone have any info on this? I don't want to tell my bank to let a payment to go through to Germany for example and then buy some and it end up coming from Russia or china. That might seem suspicious to them.

5. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yes some banks are very adamant about such purchases so let them know when you make each purchase
    It is a pain but that's the security measures banks are taking.

6. FYI, if you have Chase they could deny access to Coinbase. Lots of users reporting their cards being denied after years of using Coinbase. In Chase's terms it states something where they don't want to be liable incase someone scams you. So they can also close your Chase debit account at anytime which is rediculous imo.

I had my card denied and called chase, basically acted like I was stupid and was just sending money to my brother. The guy seemed reluctant, but approved it. Could also work if you get the same issue.

7. johnnydoe

johnnydoe Member

My bank is allowing me to use it but I have to call and give them my info so they know its really me before they authorize it. I don't really care to talk to them every time I need bitcoin. They haven't asked me what it was for only said that I was trying to send money to great Britain. As soon as I buy it i send it to blockchain. Maybe that will make it a little harder for anyone to follow.