General Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis

Discussion in 'Political Discourse' started by MythotiK, Dec 2, 2016.

1. MythotiK

MythotiK Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

This is the type of people we need leading this country, not corrupt, lying career politicians!!!!!

-Myth-

General Mattis is being considered to be the Secretary of Defense. What a great way to start rebuilding our military. His nickname is Mad Dog Mattis.

"A couple of months ago, when I told General Krulak, the former Commandant of the Marine Corps, now the chair of the Naval Academy Board of Visitors, that we were having General Mattis speak this evening, he said, “Let me tell you a Jim Mattis story.”

General Krulak said, when he was Commandant of the Marine Corps, every year, starting about a week before Christmas, he and his wife would bake hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Christmas cookies. They would package them in small bundles.

Then on Christmas day, he would load his vehicle. At about 4 a.m., General Krulak would drive himself to every Marine guard post in the Washington-Annapolis-Baltimore area and deliver a small package of Christmas cookies to whatever Marines were pulling guard duty
    that day. He said that one year, he had gone down to Quantico as one of his stops to deliver Christmas cookies to the Marines on guard duty.

He went to the command center and gave a package to the lance corporal who was on duty. He asked, “Who’s the officer of the day?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it’s Brigadier General Mattis.” And General Krulak said, “No, no, no. I know who General Mattis is. I mean, who’s the officer of the day today, Christmas day?” The lance corporal, feeling a little anxious, said, "Sir", it is Brigadier General Mattis. General Krulak said that, about that time, he spotted in the back room a cot, or a daybed. He said, “No, Lance Corporal. Who slept in that bed last night?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it was Brigadier General Mattis.”

About that time, General Krulak said that General Mattis came in, in a duty uniform with a sword, and General Krulak said, “Jim, what are you doing here on Christmas day? Why do you have duty?” General Mattis told him that the young officer who was scheduled to have duty on Christmas day had a family, and General Mattis decided it was better for the young officer to spend Christmas Day with his family, and so he chose to have duty on Christmas Day.

General Krulak said, “That’s the kind of officer that Jim Mattis is."

The story above was told by Dr. Albert C. Pierce, the Director of the Center for the Study of Professional Military Ethics at The United States Naval Academy. He was introducing General James Mattis who gave a lecture on Ethical Challenges in Contemporary Conflict in the spring of 2006. This was taken from the transcript of that lecture.

-Myth-

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. Ryno1980

Ryno1980 Member

This makes me happy...

Savagesteve likes this.
  3. NeedleCheeks

NeedleCheeks Member

OOOOH-RAHHH

4. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Well....atleast this one isn't a white supremacist :)

Big_paul likes this.
  5. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Thats why you dont fuck with the marines...

6. So long Isis ! Yo days are numbered !! :D Mad Dog !!

Johnny442, MythotiK and MindlessWork like this.
  7. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Screenshot_20161203-091340.png

MythotiK likes this.
  8. Halfthor

Halfthor Member

He spoke to us in 29 palms in 03 before we deployed to Iraq. One of those life moments you never forget. It still gives me goose bumps when I think back on it.

9. MythotiK

MythotiK Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

'03 huh?!!!

You know any Doc's by the name, Cellura?

10. Halfthor

Halfthor Member

Only one I remember was pea.

11. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I don't think he is a billionaire, a hedge fund manager or has worked at Goldman Sachs either. This guy sounds like a good call for Secretary of defense. Now that Trump has recognized Taiwan we may need a "mad dog".

Xlgx and MindlessWork like this.
  12. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

This country needs a military that gets shit done right, and a leader that makes sure of that. With Russia and China swinging their weight around time for the US to make a strong statement.

Ultimatepip, Gymjunkie70 and Xlgx like this.
  13. Spooby

Spooby Member

I thought this was a myth

14. GigaloRob

GigaloRob Member

The United States in 2015 sold 1.8 billion dollars in weapons to Taiwan despite the objections of China. Then again Trump had a phone call right? Typical leftist hypocrisy.

15. Fun fact: Warrior Monk has 6000 books in his library. :)

gr8whitetrukker likes this.
  16. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

We have armed Taiwan since Mao came to power after ww2. Since 1979 it has been US policy to recognize the PRC as the true government. That is 6 presidents that have supported this, 3 republican and 3 democrats. I don't believe Reagan, George HW Bush or George W Bush are leftist.

I don't think anyone wants to die over Taiwan. If China were to invade the island tomorrow we would make a fuss at the UN. May try to impose sanctions which would not get past the security council, but there wouldn't be a dam thing we could do without going nuclear. It has nothing to do with the left or right. It is just reality.

It was just a breach in protocol for Trump to speak to them is all, and yes it is hypocritical.

MindlessWork likes this.
  17. RodgerThat

RodgerThat Member

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

Mad dog quote.

jgntyce, MindlessWork, xy5jn0 and 2 others like this.
  18. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Definitely a breach of protocol, which is typical of Trump who think's he's holier than thou. Trump's already trolling the world even before he takes office..scary!

19. tenpoundsleft

tenpoundsleft Member

A total fucking disgrace to not recognize Taiwan. This alone should force all of the UN to disbandon.

If it's a "breach in protocol" it's long overdue. Fuck the Chicom. They need us more than we need them.

Ultimatepip, xy5jn0 and MindlessWork like this.