getting new tattoo

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by 5millionbucks, May 31, 2019.

1. 5millionbucks

5millionbucks Member

main reason I never got ink'd(not its the money, or im scared of getting poked repeatedly) but its because people told me each time I got ink'd I would have to literally take 3-4 days off training. On top I'm on cycle right now so I don't want to take a deload week off; anyone ever getting ink done especially during the summer time and be able to work out 1-2 days after? And is it taking a week off a myth about getting ink especially on areas like back,chest or across your shoulders?

2. bambam333

bambam333 Member

Absolute bullshit just keep the area clean and moisturize. Just got another one 2 weeks ago I was at the gym the next day I even asked him when can I workout he said doesn’t matter

5millionbucks and ickyrica like this.
  3. 5millionbucks

5millionbucks Member

do you have it covered up while working out like long sleeve? and how many days do bodyparts usually take to heal?

4. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I had to refrain from anal sex after my cock tattoo. 2 weeks after skin stopped flaking

5. bambam333

bambam333 Member

No you leave the plastic wrap they put on for at least 4 hours or so then you can shower and live normally just don’t expose to too much sun other than that your fine u clean it in the shower and put moisturizer on it non scented and over a week or 2 it will peel and shit just keep putting the moisturizer on and it doesn’t need to be saturated just a couple times a day

6. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Never missed a day of training from getting a tattoo.

7. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

I got both my front delts done the same night, woke up next morning my sheets bloody as fuck and went a df chest and back. I know the story would have been better if I had done shoulder the following morning but I don't feel like lying to you guys today.

8. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

Basically this.

Don't buy the tattoo shit or anything else either. Just lightly wash with unscented hand soap and pat dry. Don't put anything on it for 24-48 hours and just plain Aveno from there. Just a bit to keep it from drying out.

Live life as normal.

88GENERAL88 likes this.
  9. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

True dat.

10. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

True dat.

11. 5millionbucks

5millionbucks Member

quick question got my first one today quarter/half sleeve on my right arm; and getting another one on Wednesday. I know you guys say not much exposure to the sun; but should I be rocking kind of loose long sleeve in the gym to prevent exposure to staff and bacteria(gym is pretty clean since its mostly empty most of the time) or just workout as normal? the guys at the tattoo shop said to cover it up with a loose shirt for the first week just to be safe and yes not much exposure to the sun.

BigBaldBeardGuy likes this.
  12. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

I've never covered one, and both hands are done. Rocked chalk and all.

Just wash after and hit it with some really mild unscented sanitizer.

13. 5millionbucks

5millionbucks Member

ok I see

14. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

Note that I did make sure it'd been healing at least two days before hitting back. Usually the only time I use much.

But yeah, legs or chest the day of it after is prolly a good idea.

You'll still be oozing some plasma, depending on the piece and how far your artist drops the needle. It'll help create a bit if a barrier to stuff's while you lift. But chalk can be messy to clean up at that point. Like flour and water. Lol.

5millionbucks likes this.
  15. 5millionbucks

5millionbucks Member

Another question so seeing that it takes 2 weeks for the ink to heal up and another week more before you can actually go swimming; I also take HGH for my rotator cuff injury. I am assuming hgh makes the healing process go faster or is that a myth?

16. 5millionbucks

5millionbucks Member

And with your hand tatts; are you avoiding as much sun exposure as possible? because I heard it fades; but since it is the summer time its going to be a pain especially after I get my forearm done to cover it up with a long sleeve for a few weeks since its so fucking humid in the East Coast. I'm not looking to go to the beach or anything; but I dont plan on rocking a long sleeve all the time at BBQs I'll be soaking in sweat especially with all the weight I've been gaining recently on my bulk.

17. puckhog

puckhog Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yup, rocked my plastic wrapped arm at the gym 1 hr after getting tattoo’d.

Loose shirt is a good idea just because that area is pretty raw still. But sleeveless is totally fine too. Just wash it out when u are done and you should be gtg.

18. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

After it heals just use a quality UVA/UVB sunscreen. I'm white as fuck and burn like crazy, but I also hold ink like a son of a bitch.

So I've not had major issues with fading. Just now starting rounds of touch ups on pieces that are over a decade old.

Hands and feet do fade quicker than about anything though. The backs not as much, but fingers and palms for sure.

19. 5millionbucks

5millionbucks Member

Literally got my quarter sleeve done on Sunday; went to my second session on Wednesday for my forearm; my artist was like holyshit your shits peeling already and almost done healing. He never seen tats recover that fast a few days after a session;especially something that almost covers my arm. I told him I've been shooting 2-3iu a day(mauve tops) for my shoulder injury. Any1 whos running growth now and thinking about getting work done I highly recommend getting it done while on gh. And people still talk shit about generic growth; hey man whatever the chinos put in these vials it seems to help with recovery and making my skin look better.

20. Savagesteve

Savagesteve Member

Started reading this and instantly thought you got a flower tattoo’d on the chili ring...what a let down

ickyrica likes this.