GHD vs. Reverse Hyper

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Rival, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Rival

Rival Member

considering to add to my home gym. I’ve been interested in both for sometime. I originally liked the idea of a reverse hyper but now leaning towards the GHD considering you can do Reverse Hypers on there as well with a band.

For those who programmed either of the 2 pieces of equipment into their routine/or own them; does it justify the cost? Notice improvements in your posterior chain? Help with strength/core overall? Notice drastic improvements in squat/deadlift? Or does this just sit in the corner of your gym unused?

2. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Ghd 10/10 times

Rival likes this.
  3. Vincentino

Vincentino Member

Just from my personal experience in powerlifting and as a competitor with back injuries from my time in the Army, the Reverse Hyper is irreplaceable. You can’t put a cost on having a healthy back, and you also can’t trade not having back pain after a heavy squat or deadlift day. I just bought one from Titan for my home gym and it’s amazing, although on their site it’s called the HPND, not a reverse hyper, just due to copyright issues with Westside Barbell.

4. Rival

Rival Member

I feel you on the back pain. That’s what opted me to start looking into one. I do think though with a decent GHD I could pull off reverse hypers with bands, and could be the best bang for my buck. Limited space/budget otherwise wish I could have both.

I really wish gyms were open right about now. Just so I could go do a “trial period” and just use the reverse hyper for a week to see how it does for me in terms of my lower back. I’ve never tested one out yet.

5. Vincentino

Vincentino Member

I understand. Well whatever you decide, I hope you get the rehabilitations you need to deal with the pain. I know how shitty it can be

Rival likes this.