Go Buckeyes 2018 log

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Gobuckeyes0122, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Well I’m back. Starting a new thread for this year and also wanna get a fresh start. I fucked up my last cycle by falling off the wagon. I’ve was sober for over 2 1/2 years and started drinking in December and was just now, 4 days ago, able to quit. I drank every day, I was on a tren cycle when I started and man did that fuck my body up. I was dehydrated all the time, felt like shit, but I couldn’t stop still now. I might be going thru a divorce as well so I definitely need to stay sober and keep my head straight. I never stopped working out, think that’s the only thing that is saving me.

I started a new workout routine a month ago by dr. Layne norton, PH3. It’s pretty rough. I actually pulled a muscle when I first started and had to take it easy for a couple weeks. Would like to thank @Seven Dog for helping me find it. I’ll update my workouts starting Monday, and try to post my complete workout tomorrow. My strength has taken a hit, mainly in squats for some reason since my fall lol. Don’t know if it had something to do with the pulled muscle or just the drinking aspect. I did mangage 450 squat, 355 bench, and 545 deadlift at the end of last year, beginning of this year. Still need to get to 500, 400, and 600. That’s what I’m shooting for by the end of this year. My weight is close to 240 right now bc of the drinking. I was drinking margaritas every night. Will update tomorrow

2. ickyrica

ickyrica Member

Subbed. Healthy and sober isn't always easy man. I'm always willing to lend an ear. I'm sure there are a large handful of us that are.

insaiyan93 and Gobuckeyes0122 like this.
  3. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

Good luck on the sobriety man.
    I have been running the PHAT 5 program for about three months. It’s much more balanced then the old school push, pull, legs routine I was running prior. If strength is all your after then the Phat 3 is probably your best bet.
    But I think the Phat 5 is a better all around program. It includes power and hypertrophy days. I can’t imagine only working out 3 days a week. Here’s a link if your interested..
    Mega Feature: Layne Norton Training Series + Full Power/Hypertrophy Routine (Updated 2011) | SimplyShredded.com

Gobuckeyes0122 likes this.
  4. I’ll check it out. Strength isn’t my only goal right now. Thanks man.

5. Today I hit squat, bench, deadlift in that order. Worked up to 4x8 at 75% of my 1 rep max. So that was 335, 260, and 415 4x8. Missed on squats on 2 sets.

ickyrica likes this.
  6. I’m not doing that workout but I’m doing one of his that incorporates that. I do lift 5X a week.
    Monday I do the big 3, squat , bench, deadlift.
    Tuesday- upper hypertrophy
    Wednesday- bench, lower hypertrophy
    Thursday- rest
    Friday- bench, deadlift upper hypertrophy
    Saturday- squat lower hypertrophy
    Sunday rest.
    Depending on the day and week, I range from 50% 1rep max to 105% in the later weeks 1rep max.

Morefyah likes this.
  7. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

Looks good brother you should definitely make some nice gains. The reason why I like the P5 so much is two full lower body days along with two full rest days. It really Helps with recovery and I’m sble to find a good rep range using mostly 65% -75% of my 1RM on hypertrophy days and I use a slightly higher 1RM on power days. For me it’s been great to not have to mix any sort of upper/ lower body days anymore.

8. Wife gave me the flu. I took her Sunday to the doc and she has it bad. I don’t have It that bad, but no way am I working out. I feel weak, throat hurts, I’m tired. Still haven’t drank so I feel good about that. Probably won’t workout till next week now.

theprodgicalson likes this.
  9. I got hit with the flu a couple weeks ago. Shit is going around like crazy
    Keep your head up dude. I know you know the whole not drinking thing gets easier with every day that passes! if you need anything, hit me up

10. Thanks man. It does get easier. That second day was the hardest for me. I stopped a couple times for 1 day but couldn’t get that 2nd one in until last week. Now that I have it’s getting easy.
    Yea my wife has the flu bad bad. Like home sick all week, throat hurts, crying at 1 am bc it hurts bad.

ickyrica likes this.
  11. Johnny442

Johnny442 Member

Good luck on staying clean and with your marriage.

12. Thanks bro.

Johnny442 likes this.
  13. Figures when it’s time for me to buy my next cycle Bitcoin is dropping. I lost $25 last time I ordered bc it dropped after I bought mine. Same thing happening now. It better rebound before next week.

14. Feel better today so I’m at the gym lifting light. But fuck me bitcoin!!!!!!!!!!! Come on!!!! At least stay where your at, I’ll take a 20% loss at this point. I just don’t wanna lose anymore. I can still order my cycle next week when my coins clear bc I put extra in Incase this happens, but not that much to cover over a 20% loss.

15. Just hold onto them for a month man.

16. I hope they recover. I should have read a little more before I bought. I didn’t know the SEC is getting involved now.

17. Deloading this week. I haven’t this year and my left shoulder is killing me. It hurts when I press overhead but not bench. It really started to hurt Friday when I deadlifted 500x3. I could almost feel my muscles rip trying to hold the weight. So won’t have much to report this. Hopefully I’ll start my new cycle beginning of next month, 160-180 test e a week and 450mg tren a. I’ve ran it before and loved it. I’m not really looking forward to all the pinning but I didn’t care for Tren E. I got better results off of a

18. ickyrica

ickyrica Member

don't joke man, go knock on some wood!!

19. No, I’m 100% serious. I could feel my muscle in my shoulder starting to strain I guess. I don’t know how to explain how it felt. But It
    Didn’t feel good. I benched today and only went to 225 and I could feel my left shoulder hurt. It’s not bad but it’s not 100%.

ickyrica likes this.
  20. ickyrica

ickyrica Member

Time. Give yourself time. I'd hate to see someone go down like that : (