Got scammed, Can someone help me create a IP tracker?

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by Sk8man101, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

So the quick story is, my fiancé and I went to close on our first home, somebody impersonated my escrow agent and sent my realator fruadulant wiring instructions.
    Who in turn sent them to me, I verified them with my lender and sent the money for the closing costs in full to where I was told by pretty much everybody.
    The money went into a fraudulent account and I got ripped off 15k+
    The accounts now been frozen.

Now the impersonator is just using gmail, and has still messaged me once yesterday to see if the funds went threw.
    I haven't replied. I was thinking of sending him/her a link to track his IP.

How possible is this and how accurate would it be? I sent one to myself once and I think it just said the city and state, not the exact location.

But if I take his IP and give it to someone that is more compitant, would they be able to pin point it?

HELP, I'm basically losing my house over this.

2. Eman

Eman Member

Police. Call them.

3. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Second call the police. I'm sure they have people far more competent to do with this kind of thing. That sucks hope it works out for you

4. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

Update: I've gotten the IP addresses from the email.
    Ones in Germany and the others all seem to be comin from the same place about 3 hours away from me.
    Obviously due to privacy laws I can only get the city.

Is there any dark web hacker shit that I can get a more accurate location??

PM me if neccisarry.

5. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

We've already filed a police report and everything man we are like a million steps ahead of that.

6. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Ouch getting taken by a mortgage scammer is the worst thing to happen and hope you get your escrow money back.
    As for IP address the scammer may be using a vpn.

7. Eman

Eman Member

Good. Now hire a lawyer and sue your realtor. :)

8. SmallWoody

SmallWoody Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Cain & able software can get people's ip. There are youtube videos that show you how to use it. It's been about 10 years since I've last used it so I'm no help but I learned off videos

9. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

So it was an absolute nightmare, but I got money back guys.

Roger rabbit, Oldman., FiEnD and 10 others like this.
  10. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Nice! Good to hear

11. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Glad to hear @Sk8man101 !!
    Your Realtor sucks, btw.

12. MindlessWork

Awesome and did you get all of it back? Hopefully that house will be in the bag now and you better sue that realtor or broker for being so negligent as there are a lot of scammers out there in the mortgage market as well.

I myself just closed on a condo a month ago and had some glitches as well but got it after 4 months.

13. TRT

TRT Member

I was shitting myself just reading this. Holy cow. So glad you got that money back.

Sk8man101 likes this.
  14. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

Shit man before I sent it I called my lender about the discrepancies and he told me it was normal and all good and to send the money.
    They are all good people, just everyone's got their head up there ass.

ickyrica and MindlessWork like this.
  15. MindlessWork

Great it worked out for you in the end and bet you can't wait to move into your new home.

16. Gainzzz_bro

Gainzzz_bro Junior Member

Hey @Sk8man101 thats great you got your money back, really lucky man.
    Question... were the cops able to trace the dirty mofo down, bypass his vpn? Just curious, not planning to go into mortgage scams or anything, but thought it might be useful info.

17. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

I got his IP address. Other than that nothing has happened and nobody has asked for any info or anything.

18. Senorman

Senorman Member

How exactly did you get your money back?

19. OooThats

OooThats Member

Buying a house is fuckin stressful enough with all the bullshit you have to go through.. Let alone what you went through.. Very happy everything worked out for you, bro!!

Sk8man101 likes this.
  20. OooThats

OooThats Member

Also.. Congrats on your new home!!! Best of luck!

Sk8man101 likes this.