Guide to Staying Secure in the Steroid Underground

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by Millard Baker, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Bruce Schneier is one of the world's top cryptography experts. He's also an outspoken critique of the NSA's / federal government surveillance.

He recently published a guide on how to stay secure from an "adversary" like the NSA. If it's good enough to thwart the NSA, I figured it might be suitable for many people in this sub-forum.

His five steps aren't easy to follow. But many - some more than others - would probably be well-advised to take on the task of implementing Schneier's recommendations especially if you value anonymity and freedom.

https://www.schneier.com/essay-450.html

Some tools used by Schneier: GPG, Silent Circle, Tails, OTR, TrueCrypt, BleachBit

2. Hueghe

Hueghe Member

Some good info, thanks Millard.

3. Singularity

Singularity Junior Member

Excellent advice!
    TrueCrypt is an awesome program- it's free, easy to use, cross-platform functional and very effective.
    TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software
    Remember, there's no such thing as being too careful and with the availability of free tools like this, there's no reason not have this one in your toolbox. -just my .02

4. MassTurk

MassTurk Member

I only use Tor browser but at the end you give up info to your source anyway, its a risk reward issue