Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wunderpus, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Wunderpus

Wunderpus Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

2. Colt is always a safe bet.
    Like the couch too..I'd gorilla fuck some tail on that thing.

3. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I sold alot of my nice pieces a couple years ago to make the move. $5000 worth.

GymRat88 and Wunderpus like this.
  4. gr8whitetrukker

Screenshot_2015-12-18-17-21-12.png
    Currently saving for a S&W model 629 for my truck. $950 is pretty steep. But that is a proven "bear" weapon

I'd rather go .44 than the more friendly .357.

5. Wunderpus

That couch is like a blackhole man, you cannot resist falling asleep on it! I love the leather and the studs! My girl likes that couch, too.

I bought the Colt for a number of reasons, but primarily because they have never let me down in the past. Funny story though, this gun is actually a replacement. The first one they gave me had a burr on each feed ramp, so obviously there were a ton of malfunctions. But, they gave me a new one, so I was happy!

Boilermech and TANGO.ECHO.KILO like this.
  6. Wunderpus

Fuck yeah! That thing is awesome! You ever seen this-

[​IMG]

Never shot one, but it looks mean as hell. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews... However, can't go wrong with S&W, I have a .38 snub made by them that I love.

Eman, big boi, SpartacusOmega and 2 others like this.
  7. gr8whitetrukker

Either that or a Ruger super red hawk Alaska in .454 casull. But the snub nose is a detractor for me. I prefer velocity and accuracy of the 6" barrel of the S&W. Even for its ridiculous frame size. Half the battle of intimidation is there with out even using it.

I'm also looking in to a S&W .38 revolver for my woman. Beats out a cheap Taurus any day. With its crappy design. Even tho $300 cheaper it's not worth her life or safety

Wunderpus and TANGO.ECHO.KILO like this.
  8. Wunderpus

I let my girl carry the .38 snub with her, she likes it and actually can handle it pretty well, I was surprised.

9. gotta have the barrel...I got a SW model 19. Good open carry when you are in the backcountry.

the snub .38 is a great self defense platform, especially for a woman. Point and click, never jam, solid reliable dependable. Bet your life on it. Plus you cant grab the slide. I tried to get my Ma to carry the SW M+P bodyguard, hammerless with the crimson trace.

She just didnt like it for some reason....got her the Sig p238 with the trace and some hollow points. guess who carries that now? :rolleyes:
    it's a solid little backup...emphasis on little

gr8whitetrukker and Wunderpus like this.
  10. Wunderpus

Also, my .38 is pre serializing ;)

So, there's that...

11. gr8whitetrukker

Agreed a .38 is ideal for a female. I would prefer it in revolver tho for various reasons. The S&W M&P in .40 is a decent compact. It leaves my pinky Hangin off the grip tho. Which is why I hate compacts:mad:

TANGO.ECHO.KILO and Wunderpus like this.
  12. tenpoundsleft

tenpoundsleft Member

What is that? I've wanted a low mount barrelled pistol since I first read about one decades ago, but never seen one for sale.

About S&W, I have a J-frame Silhouette (.44 Mag with a 10 5/8" barrel) that I bought new back in the '80s. Great triggers on the S&W guns.

13. Wunderpus

Chiappa Firearms

:)

14. gr8whitetrukker

On home self defense...

My woman gets most her field time on semi auto rifles of varying calibers. Why, because it's fun! Not terribly practical tho. I mean the chances of her ever needing to USE one are pretty low.

I bought a tried and true remington 870 tactical some time back. Very cheap and easily the biggest bang for the buck in HOME DEFENSE. Let's face it a shotgun is the most practical, terrifying and user friendly weapon to use at home. Bar none. Base price of about $400 add a few extras aftermarket and she has her best chance at surviving if I'm not there. She's been getting some time in with it. This looks eerily identical to mine...
    Screenshot_2015-12-29-09-52-08.png

15. turcao

turcao Member

I rented the Rino at a range one day, didn't like it. Nothing beats my Python. I'll dig up a pic a bit later

TANGO.ECHO.KILO and Wunderpus like this.
  16. Wunderpus

I've got one too! I have the Magpul stock and fore grip on it, it's sexy as hell! For the money, can't be beat!

gr8whitetrukker likes this.
  17. tenpoundsleft

tenpoundsleft Member

Nice, been toying with the idea of ponying up for the additional expense and hassle of getting an SBS. Marginal compared to full auto expense.

69203.jpg

18. yea this is the one I was talking about...I forgot they make the .380 as well. I see why that got confusing when I reread it bc the Sig is a .380 acp as well.

I'm with you on the compacts unless its an arm's length engagement (or less), which is why I only carry as a backup. Too light and I struggle with accuracy on my less dominant hand.
    [​IMG]

19. my girl likes to shoot trap. I was planning on getting her a Bennelli Legacy 20ga 26" for Xmas but....she opted for braces instead :oops:
    (well not instead but she ain't getting both)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

now that...is a thing of beauty