Have to wait several days to send bitcoin on coinbase?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Evom1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Evom1

Evom1 Member

So now on coinbase I can buy bitcoin and trade It on coinbase instantly, but I have to wait 5 days before i send it to a different wallet. Any ways around this?

Logan44551 likes this.
  2. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Is that new?! Never had to wait before, that is some bullshit. What if it depreciates while your waiting?

3. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Yeah I have no clue. Definitely wasn't like this in the past

4. Vipera1

Vipera1 Member

Use different exchanges, like anycoindirect. Instant.

5. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I have yet to find a solution to being able to easily deposit funds, purchase bitcoin, and send to my wallet in a timely and efficient manner....

Who has the fucking answer?
    Gemini takes days
    CashApp hasn’t responded to my support requests

What’s next?

6. TideGear

TideGear Member

Purchase with debit card for instant transfers. Downside is that it costs a little more

7. Evom1

Evom1 Member

That part is instant, you can buy it and immediately trade it on the app. it's once you have the bitcoin cleared it makes you wait to send it off the coinbase app now

8. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

I just bought 10 dollars worth and it let me transfer instantly to my jaxx wallet. Maybe try again. How much is the transfer?

9. TideGear

TideGear Member

2 weeks ago I didn't have to wait at all

10. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Found a loophole. Weird but if I go from bank to US wallet, that's instant, then us wallet to buy bitcoin, that's instant, then I can send it instant . Go figure

11. KingPin42

KingPin42 Member

What was the loophole? I just ran into this same thing and it is making me wait two fucking weeks.

12. KingPin42

KingPin42 Member

Oh misread that.

I have a good amount in there that I can't move or withdraw. Sounds like I can buy more but what do I do with the funds I have already purchased?

13. Evom1

Evom1 Member

False alarm, tried again and I bought bitcoin just fine, went to send it and it says it's on hold for 6 days .Ugh

14. KingPin42

KingPin42 Member

Didn’t work for me either. I just transferred it all into cash. I’ll just withdraw it after the hold period is over. Lost $40 from yesterday with these stupid transactions and volatility in the market.

Fuck coinbase. Going to cash app.