HCG- IM or SUB-Q injection?

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by bigdude, Oct 25, 2004.

bigdude

bigdude Junior Member

How do you inject hcg, intramuscular or sub-q?

Dizzy26

Dizzy26 Junior Member

Either way man. Probably less pain with SubQ though.

bigdude

bigdude Junior Member

thanks

nightcrew213

nightcrew213 Junior Member

Sub-Q around your love handles.

Beefster

Beefster Junior Member

I have done both but generally IM.

Phreezer

Phreezer Junior Member

I always go Subq for the conveinance of it.. but MaxRep makes a good point that most absorbtion times are based on an IM injection.. so perhaps IM is the most optimal.. however, to be honest, the difference is probably very minimal.

MaxRep

MaxRep Member

Thanks Phreeze and I personally use hcg IM.

Way back (25 years ago) the package inserts all said IM injects. Nowadays, some say IM and some say subQ. So it looks like either way is fine.

I have to wonder who has ever experieinced pain with hcg? I've never experienced or heard of that before.

I also have to wonder about shooting it "into the love handles"? Perhaps the writer was confusing hcg with hgh? Certainly no reason to shoot hcg specifically into the love handles although anywhere is fine.

MaxRep

Dizzy26

Dizzy26 Junior Member

In my experience, I have noticed that if I use Saline solution to dissolve it there is usually no pain but if I use Sterile water there is usually a bit of pain with injection. Not significant but enough to annoy me. I usually do SubQ injects around the belly button...mostly b-12.

lolokoss

lolokoss Junior Member

In general, with aqueous solutions IM will give you faster absorption than subQ and a peak in the bloodstream.
    SubQ gives you a slower absorption due to the poorer vascularization of the subQ tissue.

In the end, it's up to you, but now you know why each site is used.

buck

buck Junior Member

Sub-Q as per Dr.'s instructions.

MaxRep

MaxRep Member

I wouldn't give that answer as an end-all, be-all, answer. Your Dr. gives it subQ, while many Dr's do not and abundant medical literature recommends IM injects. Again, it's really more of a personal preference as either way works.

See the following straight from the patient's handout on hcg.

MaxRep

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin,

Patient Education
    GONADOTROPINS, CHORIONIC

IMPORTANT NOTE: The following information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Consult your healthcare professional before using this drug.

GONADOTROPINS, CHORIONIC - INTRAMUSCULAR

(GO-nad-oh-TROW-pins, ko-ree-ON-ick)

COMMON BRAND NAME(S): A.P.L., Chorex, Pregnyl, Profasi (these companies are probably used by many of us :) )

USES:
    This medication is a hormone which stimulates the ovaries and the testes. It is used in males to stimulate testicular descent or testicular growth and development. In females, this medication is used in combination with other medication to induce ovulation.

HOW TO USE:
    This medication is given by injection into a muscle by a health care professional.

Females may require only one dose. Males may receive a series of injections 2 to 3 times a week. Make sure you understand what your dosing schedule is. Keep all doctor's appointments so therapy can be monitored closely.

Data1000

Data1000 Junior Member

I tried Sub-Q a few times, but I felt that IM was much more effective for me. I think that you should try both to see if Sub-Q works just as well for you.

nightcrew213

nightcrew213 Junior Member

Your right I was thinking of HGH,my fault.

Dizzy26

Dizzy26 Junior Member

So the moral of the story is...........

Inject it however you damn well choose!

atomicone

atomicone Junior Member

SubQ for me, but intersting data MaxRep posted. Might make me re-think.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.