Headphone Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnLong, Apr 11, 2018.

1. JohnLong

JohnLong Member

I've had the same pair of headphones for 8+years now.
    Sony MDR-XB500

Thinkin about upgrading but very hard to make my mind up. These babies have been so good to me in terms of quality and durability.

What kind of headphones are you guys rockin? And what are your opinions on a upgrade?

2. Eman

Eman Member

I've probably spent over $1000 on headphones over the last 8 years... I recommend nothing, they never last.

RodgerThat and Oldschool like this.
  3. JohnLong

JohnLong Member

lol
    which headphone disappointed you the most?
    and overrated?

4. rutman

rutman Member

Been wearing Beats Studio wireless over the ears for the last 2 years. Sound is awesome! But they get hot as hell at times. I’ve had wireless Beats ear buds. They suck compared to the ones I just bought... got a set of Bose Soundsport wireless buds. Best ones I’ve had to date. They do have a cable connecting the two ear pieces. Which is fine. But Bose does have a totally wireless set for $199. Kind of wished I’d got those. Mine were $150 from amazon.

5. GymRat88

GymRat88 Member

Honestly they have these gummie headphones at Walmart for 10$ that bump really good and they've always worked good for me. Also the headphones that come with the Galaxy s8 bump great, and some Bose wireless are awesome, but very expensive.

6. JohnLong

JohnLong Member

those wireless bose earbuds sound nice. i prefer bluetooth earbuds to have the cable tho lol. i like how they can rest on your shoulders when they have a cable

beyerdynamic DT 770 look good to me rn

7. JohnLong

JohnLong Member

lately i've been buying cheap ass bluetooth earbuds with some success...mostly fails tho haha

GymRat88 likes this.
  8. Spooby

Spooby Member

I've used august ep650's for awhile, the last pair I bought seem lower quality than the last but it could be my hearing :/ they are still really great though

9. Wish i had that much disposable headphone money like Rockefeller here. :D

Actually, my last pair cost me $7 and do a damn fine job.
    They're not built to last. No money in it for these companies if you only buy a single pair every 10 years.