Help me blow my chest up

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by Leangains4life, Sep 11, 2017.

1. So today i did
    Smith bench because i feel it more and its less pain on my shoulders
    20x12x8x8x4

Cable flys, 20x20x20x12x12 try to squeeze each rep and get blood in there

Hammer press machine 15x5

Pecdeck 12-15 4 set

My chest was ful pump but i cant seem to make it blow up!! I have bit beenhiting shoulders days for like 2 months because there overpowering my chest and arms.

Any tips

After i did tricep.

Bullet train likes this.
  2. Bullet train

Bullet train Member

how about doing sets of decline, flat, and incline bench! That should really get the whole chest. Go light for your shoulders! And do tons of reps, that will activate the chest better anyway. Good luck!

3. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Chest specialization program. Start doing chest everyday for 4-5 weeks. But the workload everyday has to come way down. Take advantage of the increased MPS and DO IT EVERYDAY. The increased frequency for those 4-5wks will be awesome.

So figure out your normal weekly volume and split it up between 6 days. Or to KISS just do flat dumbbell press today then incline dumbbell press tomorrow. 4 sets each day. 4 sets a day x 6 days is 24 sets over a weeks time. KEEP THAT FREQUENCY HIGH. Stay away from failure. You wont be able to finish the week out if your going to failure. Lastly figure out where all your other work fits in to that schedule. Obviously other things are going to take a back seat and they should when you run a specialization block. But maintain them.

Their are numerous excellent programs i have ran for specialization periods with excellent results.

4. JC456

JC456 Member

How much do you Bench?

5. Thats a gay question honestly lol i know guys benching heavy with shitty chest lol

I can do 315 but its all tricep

6. Mayne

Mayne Member

Answered your own question pretty much if your heavy bench is all triceps you have to focus on form cause highly likely your light bench is just as triceps dominated just you are more used to it, pump is not a sign of gains like you pointed out in your op by your own conclusion

7. Bullet train

Bullet train Member

Oh! How about dynamite? Lol that might blow ur chest up :p

8. JC456

JC456 Member

Actually the question tells us a lot.

If you answered something like 200 then the solution would be obvious, you're weak all over.

If you are capable of 315, then as you've said it's a form issue. Dominant triceps will detract from all pressing if you let it and you'll need to arrange training to account for that.

9. I will start with dumbels and go deep and then do more fly based workout

Bullet train likes this.
  10. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

So JC's question was gay but then you post this little gem lol

11. Mayne

Mayne Member

I hate that I like you at least you could have been a girl to make it easier hahaha

Docd187123 likes this.
  12. No i said that cuz everyone asks that.. i squats more then i bench

13. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

There's a point to asking it.

You should squat more than you bench.

Leangains4life and JC456 like this.
  14. I hate the question cuz mainly plp who ask never train legs or arent srs lol

15. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

JC is a pretty well accomplished powerlifter. He knows how to train legs and chest better than most.

JC456 likes this.
  16. gr8whitetrukker

Powerlifters dont train legs, chest or back. They train squat, bench and deadlift. There is a distinct difference between the two methods.

tenpoundsleft likes this.
  17. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

I forgot to add the part where he switched over to bodybuilding.

JC456 and gr8whitetrukker like this.
  18. gr8whitetrukker

Yeah brother i know :)
    Just givin ya shit.
    The advice can differ alot depending on which camp its coming from. Mutual ground can be had especially with a squat for example. But chest building is more than just bench presses if your a BB.

19. JC456

JC456 Member

You do still have to be cognisant of bodyparts in terms of how they effect the lift. This is especially true with beginners coming from other sports. But anyway that's another discussion for another time.

Hope OP makes his chest gains.

20. JC456

JC456 Member

Well I never said it was if you look up through the posts :) that was an assumption by OP.

You can however use the bench as a evaluative tool to see the relative strengths and weaknesses in the involved muscle groups. Like I did here. This can help to determine the best approach moving forward. We know now for him, deemphasising tricep in chest training will probably pay off. We also know it's not just a lack of the basics. So my question has helped us get some answers here.

Just1more and gr8whitetrukker like this.