Help! Training with Plantar Fasciitis

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by dtto, Feb 12, 2018.

1. dtto

dtto Member

Hey Guys. Need your help. :(

I have Plantar Fasciitis in my left heel. I've done 4 shockwave therapy sessions but it didnt cure it. Foot doc does not suggest any more shockwave treatments and said that this issue takes an average of 2 years to heal! :eek:

I haven't been to the gym since Jul 2017. I know it isn't recommended to do any impact work (Running, walking lunges, burpees.. etc) with this condition.

Should I get back to training? What are your suggestions on training? Picking up weights puts pressure on the feet. What about leg exercises (Squats, Leg Press, DL's.. etc)? Any suggestions on resuming training? or should I wait out the next year or two until it heals? o_O

2. Gbro

Gbro Member

You haven't been working upper body?

You can still do leg curls and ham curls. That's better than nothing.

3. dtto

dtto Member

I haven't. I took a break as there was other stuff going on as well. But I'm now thinking of getting back.

I agree Leg and Ham curls are doable. I guess I'll try and do exercises seated mostly.

4. keoking

keoking Junior Member

I put Spenco Polysorb Total Support insoles into all my shoes, and kept a can of beans at my desk at work to stretch my goddamn feet. It took a couple of months, but kicked PF for good. It's been 2yrs, and I still won't wear a pair of shoes with Total Support insoles.

5. buck

buck Junior Member

I had it on and off for a few years. Got some Superfeet green. Tha added arch support kept the plantar tendon from being pulled as much. And it hasn't come back and it has been several years.