Help with bloodwork please

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by ScruffMcBuff, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff Member

Dropped self TRT back in July to pursue a script instead. Saw endo in August she wanted me to wait till October to take bloods. TT came back at 134 FT 9.5. She wanted me to wait 2 more months now fast forward to these bloods my TT came back 185 FT 9.1. She offered to put me on cabergoline which i refused. I called to make an appt with a different doctor as i’ve been dealing with this for almost 2 years. Had an MRI of my pituitary and it came back normal. Hep test came back negative as my liver enzymes showed that they are high which i can’t figure out why? Should i keep waiting to see if my levels ever return to normal or is TRT in my near future? With levels this low i assume i’d be a good candidate. Please any advice and info is greatly appreciated. Bloods are posted.

Attached Files:

Dr JIM likes this.
  2. penche

penche Member

How long has your liver enzymes been elevated? Do you drink alcohol excessive or take other types of pills? I have a good friend I’ll let him chime in if he wants too. His liver has been always in he 70’s~80’s healthy horse but that’s his normal. Not too sure about over a 100 tho. Sounds like self trt is an open option for you if no one wants to help

ScruffMcBuff likes this.
  3. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

What is your age ?

Are you taking ANY meds, sups or OTC
    meds?

Have you any PMH?

Have you ever run PEDs previously if so when was the last time?

@penche has already inquired but it’s worth emphasizing bc ETOH is a VERY COMMON cause of an elevated ALT

Jim

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    penche, Hawkins and ScruffMcBuff like this.
  4. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

Did your endo provide a rationale for the
    Gabergoline RX???

ScruffMcBuff likes this.
  5. ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff Member

6. ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff Member

Age 32. Just fish oil and pro biotic. i’ve only taken the heart burn medication pantoprazole as needed when i feel acid reflux. I’ve ran PEDs from 2012-2016 just blasts young and dumb. quit cold turkey back in september 2016. felt the drastic hypogonadism effects after in november. took my first set of bloods in january. TT came back 151. ever since then was getting the run around from endos. PMH?

Dr JIM likes this.
  7. ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff Member

No rationale she just stated that since my prolactin was high

8. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

Your PRL is elevated yes but a level of 16 or 24ng/ml does not explain a TT 185ng/dL bc your E-2 is WNL!

I suppose she did an MRI which was normal, (or this would be a “brain tumor” thread) so now what Gabergoline ? Wise choice on your behalf to decline the Gaber IMO.

IF you used AAS in the past do NOT start TRT until enough time is allowed for spontaneous recovery, which varies considerably based upon a patients age
    and degree of AAS use, but 6 mos after the last cycle is a reasonable time frame.

9. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

Overlooked your earlier post based upon the info provided at age 32 you qualify for PHYSICIAN PRESCRIBED TRT.

Oh and another thing I overlooked proton pump inhibitors, such as Pantoprozole you are taking, have been associated with inc PRL levels.

Curious did you ever obtain baseline as in Pre-AAS labs.

Jim

Demondosage and ScruffMcBuff like this.
  10. ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff Member

unfortunately no i didn’t obtain the pre labs. i only ever take the pantoprozale as needed which is rarely ever i feel the acid reflux symptoms.

Dr JIM likes this.
  11. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

I don’t want to sound sexist but I’ve found a large portion of female physicians are reluctant to prescribe TRT!

Find another Doc who prescribes TRT
    but stay out of TRT and anti-aging clinics
    since the majority are little more than a
    sales pitch followed by a BIG money grab.

strongsafety41, Worf and ScruffMcBuff like this.
  12. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

It matters not since a PRL that LOW is not the source of a low TT.

Old likes this.
  13. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

I’d suggest you DC the fish oil supps since they have been associated
    with hepatic disease, “fatty liver” in particular and may be the cause of your
    elevated ALT.

It’s best to have your Liver Enzymes repeated some 3 months later and only if they remain elevated is an imaging study
    (CT or Ultrasound) needed IMO
    Jim

ScruffMcBuff likes this.
  14. ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff Member

am i a good candidate for trt at a level of 185 for TT?

15. Monstar

Monstar Member

Absolutely.

You've been off drugs since 2016 - you could always run a really aggressive pct (nolv + clomid) after hcg for a few weeks and see if you can't get restarted. Get new bloods 6 weeks past.

That said, it's already been a long time so while that isn't worthless at all...it's unlikely to change things. Not saying it's not worth a try if you don't want to do HRT.

Personally I think your DR is veiwing TRT as evil and simply doesn't want to prescribe it. You have two tests which both suck and aren't significantly different. What is her problem exactly? That's pretty conclusive right there. Maybe she's waiting on a miracle.

If you want to do TRT, you are a clear candidate. If you want to see if it's possible to recover then do a major PCT like I said above as one last big long ball. I probably would and if not jump on TRT. Get a new Dr though - no way with the current track record she will know how to optimize levels and monitor E2 etc...This chick will wait until you go from B to D cups before she considers lowering E2 via AI.

ScruffMcBuff and Worf like this.
  16. penche

penche Member

Yes you are.

ScruffMcBuff and Worf like this.
  17. Worf

Worf Member

155 TT isnt far off of what a woman can produce. Your doctor is incompetent, fire her, fast. Even if after you jump through all her hoops and in some amount of months she does prescribe trt, it will probably be a joke. Gel, or 250mg shot once a month. Get a pro trt doctor now.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    ScruffMcBuff likes this.
  18. Worf

Worf Member

Or start trt on your own, its probably a little cheaper that way. There are issues with that but its probably better than feeling miserable

ScruffMcBuff likes this.
  19. ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff Member

greatly appreciated. i scheduled an appointment in two weeks one last time. if it doesn’t work then going to suck it up and do it on my own. i just assumed long term it would be more expensive plus UGL you never know what potency you’ll get

Worf likes this.
  20. ScruffMcBuff

ScruffMcBuff Member

Really appreciate the reply. i made one last appointment with a different doctor. if it doesn’t work out then going to do it on my own again. just assumed it would be more expensive and with UGL never know how strong or weak it’ll be.