HGH & INSULIN RESISTANCE MANAGEMENT - IM instead of subq?

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by mcs5309, Jun 19, 2013.

mcs5309

mcs5309 Junior Member

It is a known fact that exo GH will decrease insulin sensitivity and eventually induce insulin resistance (IR)
    Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy Induces Insulin Resistance by Activating the Glucose-Fatty Acid Cycle
    Growth hormone induces cellular insulin resistance ... [Diabetes. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI
    Growth hormone-induced insulin resistance is associated with increased intramyocellular triglyceride content but unaltered VLDL-triglyceride kinetics
    Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy and Insulin Sensitivity
    Growth Hormone–Induced Insulin Resistance and Its Relationship to Lipid Availability in the Rat
    JCI - The relative roles of growth hormone and IGF-1 in controlling insulin sensitivity
    faustin: HGH makes muscles more insulin resistant
    Growth Hormone-Induced Alterations in the Insulin-Signaling System

By my taking proper steps, like eating VL carb and not eating any carbs right after a GH injection, I think I can mute the IR.

Also, the IR from HGH can be reversed by eating low carb for a while or by using metformin to decrease the insulin response the body has to carbs for a duration of time to restore the body's sensitivity to insulin. As long as you are getting your glucose levels tested and they are showing fine then you don't have anything to worry about. HGH, as I recall, is also catabolic BIGTIME to adipose tissue to site injections and will keep fat from accumulating in that area. I know this for a fact because I experienced it myself when I used GH 10 years ago, but in minute amounts. Also - I would limit usage to only do a 4-6 mos. cycle. I think that if I take more insulin-sensitizing agents like green coffee, ALA, or even metformin during GH injections, that should help reduce any effects of IR.

I need the lipolytic effects and the better protein synthesis that HGH can provide.

Also testosterone itself will help reduce IR: Testosterone replacement therapy improves i... [Eur J Endocrinol. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI which will help offset the IR effects from HGH as well.

To sum up, this is what I read:
    For the insulin resistance that is possible:
    conservative - 300mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid and 200 - 300mcgs of Chromium Picolinate
    moderate - 15mg of Actos - a prescription med to increase insulin sensitivity, Glucophage (Metformin) to dispose of excess glucose and increase uptake in muscles. Effects of a combination of recombinant human... [Horm Metab Res. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI
    aggressive - add a few IU's of insulin to your HGH cycle

I wonder if adding IGF1-lr3 would work in suppressing IR also. Anyone know?

Also, to avoid a prolonged release pattern that can lead the user towards type II diabetes, due to chronic elevations in blood glucose, GH should be pulsed every 4-5 hours, using IM injections as opposed to subq, with at least one day off, every other day. The side effects of GH use can be ameliorated by utilizing the correct dosing protocol.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    whitegato777

whitegato777 Junior Member

I hate research articals that claim high causes insulin resistance. They never seem to take into consideration that rhgh increases somatostatin which will decrease insulin production which causes blood sugers to be higher. There's a diff between insulin resistance and not enough insulin being produced. As far I know that only happens at high doses.. if your worried about it use ghrp's since it allows the body to still regulate everything... and its cheaper..

Dr JIM

Dr JIM Well-Known Member

I don't believe it will make any difference and suspect your ensuring "therapeutic intervention" is much more complicated and convoluted than is necessary.
    :)

whitegato777

whitegato777 Junior Member

dr jim do you think ghrp's would be a better choice to avoid these problems?

Dr JIM

Dr JIM Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not aware of any evidence, are you?

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.