Hi! 48 yo new member

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by An1970, Oct 18, 2018.

1. An1970

An1970 Junior Member

Hi!
    New “old f..ker” here. 48 yo, 6’2”, 230lb. Healthy, no prescriptions, or known medical issues.
    Bf%...faint four pack.
    Been lifting on and off for last 20 years. Last time I was on, was about 8 years ago.
    Not a whole lot to say,...everything is different now, trying to catch up, and figure out what is what now, and is there any research chems worth trying. If not, I’ll go back to AAS, since that is what I feel comfortable with.
    Goal: nothing special, I will not compete,...just trying to improve physique, gain some strength, and feel better about myself. Tired of feeling “old”, don’t want to deal with it, since I know that I can feel 10 years younger.
    Wanna say “thank you!”, for all good info that you guys are posting, it means a lot!
    Have to figure out what, and how much I am going to stack, been a while since the last “cycle”. I am open to suggestions.
    Thank you everyone!

2. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Welcome! Here to help any way I can!

An1970 likes this.
  3. An1970

An1970 Junior Member

Thank you brother! Just reading for now, have a lot to catch up on.

4. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Welcome

An1970 likes this.
  5. An1970

An1970 Junior Member

Thank you BigN

BigNattyDaddy likes this.
  6. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

Welcome!

An1970 likes this.
  7. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Here's my suggestion, go to the doctor and get a hormone panel. If you're low then get on TRT and live a fulfilling life. Otherwise you're pissing in the wind. Welcome to meso

An1970 likes this.
  8. An1970

An1970 Junior Member

Thank you ruger

9. An1970

An1970 Junior Member

Demon, TRT isn’t gonna cut it, but I do appreciate your suggestion bro.

10. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

Plenty of 40+ folks here, including myself, that don’t compete, but want to live the best life we can while we’re here.

Definitely get some baseline bloodwork done...check out the bloodwork sticky. You can get what you need for under $100.

Once you get that done, start a thread stating what kind of goals you’re looking to achieve, and guys will help get you there.

Morefyah, An1970 and NorthMich like this.
  11. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Why? Are you just against using testosterone as you get older?

I look at it the same way as a chick taking hormones after menopause. It can help you feel better and remain youthful. Low testosterone means a lower rate of fat burning, etc.

An1970 likes this.
  12. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Man,I can respect anyone that wants to avoid hormone injections and bust their ass naturally but this gray are stuff is only going to screw you over. It's nothing more than wishful thinking and a waste of money dude, you're still going to screw up your natural rate of testosterone production. Don't look at this as OTC versus not OTC, just keep your eyes open to the bigger picture and you want to feel good as #1.

An1970 likes this.
  13. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

I think you’re making some assumptions...let the guy warm up a bit here and get in where he fits in.

An1970 likes this.
  14. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

My bad. I reread his post and see where he mentioned going back to AAS and he's playing catch up. I missed that, I just saw research chems mentioned. You stand correct man, thank you

An1970 and rugerjitsu like this.
  15. MarioKnightLabs

MarioKnightLabs Junior Member

get base bloodwork done, and then get what you need man.

16. JackSmooth

JackSmooth Member

If you’re a source gtfo of this thread

An1970 likes this.
  17. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

It’s all good man...practice asking more questions and responding accordingly. And always assume the person you’re chatting with may know something you don’t.

An1970 likes this.
  18. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

X2

An1970 likes this.
  19. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Welcome to meso. You are in the prime of life:)

Morefyah and An1970 like this.
  20. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I’m 56 and have learned an incredible amount since joining Meso. You’ll be glad

Morefyah and An1970 like this.