High frequency training

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by gear shef, Jul 12, 2018.

1. gear shef

gear shef Member

The new research on high frequency training is really interesting to me. It clearly indicates that when weekly volume is equated for higher frequency leads to more hypertopic response and better strength gains.

If extrapolated it makes me want to try full body training every day, weekly volume equated for of coarse.

I know Ill miss the skin splitting pumps...

Anyone tried this?

2. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

I do full body on Tuesday with a greater focus on upper. Thursday full body greater focus on lower. Saturday is upper with no direct arm training. Sunday is lower.

3. gear shef

gear shef Member

So you only train 3 days a week?
    How long are your workouts?

4. That's actually really interesting and I'm currently researching the very same topic. I personally would love trying out Full Body workout 4x a week but I'm having trouble finding any solid program to use as a base. Right now I'm thinking of alternating between a volume and intensity days with each subsequent day using a lower set range. So, for example, A.1 [Volume day] would be in majority 5x5 B.2 [Intensity day] would be 3x8, A.2 [Volume day] would be 4x5 and B.2 would be 2x8 in the main lifts without counting accessories. So by that in the main lifts, you would have a total of 14 sets which is almost in the middle of the recommended weekly volume sets. Another more conservative approach would be to have, in the main lifts, across all days 3 sets with some days going heavy [5 reps] and other days going light [8 reps] and then fill up with some accessory movements.

From what I have seen there are many people who recommend just 3 days full body workouts. I believe that with gear and the possible faster recovery someone could pull off 4 days a week full body, but it's going to be really hard.

5. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

4 days. I like to warm up and stretch afterwards. About 2 hours all in.

Oldschool and gear shef like this.
  6. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

Look into Steve Shaw on YouTube and tiger fitness. He’s a power builder. Very straight forward simple programs. I actually purchased his ebook. But it’s not necessary.

7. gear shef

gear shef Member

Very similar to the programming I have in mind. Although its 5 days a week. I like to keep things very basic though and allow for flexibility at the same time.

8. gear shef

gear shef Member

Thats what I figured as far as time in gym. sounds solid in those aspects

9. gear shef

gear shef Member

thanks for the referral, although already done so brother man

Xlgx likes this.
  10. showstoppa

showstoppa Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

11. DozerSoldier

DozerSoldier Member

I do Upper Lower Daily Undulating Periodization. 6 on 1 off. Rep ranges used are 3, 8, 12. However, I incorperate discontinuous sets, pump sets, and other training principles... so not only always doing only those rep ranges. I may post up a thread on it.
    Mine focuses on main lifts, Bench, OHP, Squat, Deadlift... but incorperates variations.
    After main lift, accessories are done.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    gear shef likes this.
  12. Endure

Endure Member

Maybe look into German volume training. It utilizes 10x10 rep schemes and they are brutal. Could do something like full body compounds one day, then upper/lower splits other two days and still hit alot of volume and the same muscles a couple/few times a week.

gear shef likes this.
  13. gear shef

gear shef Member

So for those of you who use this style of training have you indeed experienced more efficient gains in size?

14. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

Yes indeed

gear shef likes this.
  15. gear shef

gear shef Member

Im going to log my experience with this

Xlgx likes this.
  16. showstoppa

showstoppa Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

If you do the program I linked designed by @weighted chinup and do the following I promise you will make more gains in 12 weeks then you have the last year

Morning fasted walks- this is to induce hunger and keep fat gains in an acceptable area

Protein-2x bodyweight. Kicker is this does not include peri-workout nutrition. The 2xBW is from whole foods completely. 75% of this should be from red meat.

Carbs- 1.5x bw. This should come from 2 sweet potatoes daily, 2 oranges or fresh squeezed orange juice, unprocessed cranberry juice and then the rest from white rice and non gassy veggies. The white rice should be eaten around the workout. This does not include peri-workout carbs from things like hbcd.

Fats- comes from the meat you eat, from 1 tbsp of grass fed butter and from 1-2 organic avaocados daily. Also 10-12 sprouted almonds daily. Use evoo or grass fed ghee for cooking. Use grass fed butter liberally if you plateau. Also can use evoo or avocado oil in shakes to gain if you plateau.

Peri-workout- I would do highly branched cyclic dextrine and peptopro for this from true nutrition if you can afford it. If not any simple carb source and whether isolate and aminos can work.

Add 8-10 min of true conditioning work like prowler sprints, air bike tabata, heavy bag work, sprints etc 3-4 times daily. This is to keep fat at Bay, keep an aerobic conditioning, and to maintain some muscle endurance.