Holding btc at $9200

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by TideGear, Jul 10, 2020.

1. TideGear

TideGear Member

Btc is struggling to hold upwards of $910 . With earnings reports coming out next week, I'm wondering how much markets will be shaken up and how that will affect bitcoi . Are you guys holding or selling?

2. proken

proken Member

Hodling! Coinbase is getting ready to do an IPO this year. May want to look into Chainlink (LINK) also.

sinewave3 and TideGear like this.
  3. TideGear

TideGear Member

You really think btc is gonna gain ground over the next few months? I'm not optimistic. Any idea when the ICO is gonna happen? Is ties the first one coinbase has offered?

4. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

Link has made some amazing gains, think it still has room to run?

I nabbed some Theta a month or so ago, week before they announced Google Cloud partnership. It spiked but is back down.

I think it’s altcoin season. I think bitcoin is going to 15k maybe, but I think the smaller coins are where the 5x+action is...

TideGear likes this.
  5. TideGear

TideGear Member

15k soon? Seems to be stalling to me. With the election coming up I'd be surprised if we see anything good anytime soon

6. proken

proken Member

I'm HODLING BTC for the long term. Started with BTC at 350 dollars each 7 years ago. Rumor has it that the Facebook "libra" coin is going to be based on LINK. I doubt if the libra will ever happen but the hype around it when they try and get it done again will spike LINK for a short period of time. I realize it's just a rumor but rumors are what makes money in the short term. Just be ready to pull the sell trigger with LINK.

TideGear likes this.
  7. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

I was not thinking 15k BTC too soon, but with so much money being printed maybe by the end of the year?

8. TideGear

TideGear Member

I can't predict it. No one seems to be able to.

sinewave3 likes this.
  9. proken

proken Member

BTW.. It's now (4pm july 13) pulled the sell trigger on LINK!

10. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

Selling all your LINK and getting off that train? Or just cashing in a bit to cover your expenses...

11. TideGear

TideGear Member

I sold my btc at about $9235. I could be wrong but I get the feeling it's gonna drop.

sinewave3 likes this.
  12. proken

proken Member

I think the rumor mill is winding down on LINK. Traded my whole position. I bought at 4 and sold at 7.5. Don't want to be greedy. BTW, I "converted" it into BTC. Did not cash out for US fiat. Like I said I'm in BTC for the long run. I just buy a few altcoins here and there to scratch my gambling hobby.

sinewave3 likes this.
  13. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

Cracked 11k, is this lift off??
    Adjustments.jpg

14. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I hope so, it's $11,400 now.

sinewave3 likes this.
  15. TideGear

TideGear Member

Kicking myself right about now

16. proken

proken Member

What to watch for:
    BTC will continue to hum along for the near future. Its market cap is about 203 billion. When the market cap gets close to 500 billion or hits a new all-time high of over 20k per coin, I think the feds will start noticing.
    Then the fed will use the media to vilify BTC and it will drop, guessing to around 3k, at which time all the fed and their cronies will buy like crazy while it's artificially low. Then the media will be instructed by the fed and banks to report BTC is unstoppable and is in fact "money" and it will go to new crazy highs.
    Make sure you watch the media making BTC a very bad thing and before it goes down from bad press sell into your reserve US fiat account. Hold till the press starts making noise about how it's unstoppable and buyback quickly. That is what I'm watching for at least.

MindlessWork, sinewave3 and TideGear like this.
  17. TideGear

TideGear Member

Is alt coin investing dead for the moment?

18. proken

proken Member

I'm buying a small amount of ETH. Something big is scheduled for ETH on the 4th of August. I'll probably sell on the 3rd.

19. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

The smaller altcoins especially Defi related ones have been booming this summer. Not sure if I missed out yet or not...

20. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

Looks like BTC was bumping against 11700 last night. I don’t know shit but am hoping for a pullback to 11k then another pump.

Now I have my eye on etherium, might put a few bucks in there and see how it goes next few days.