How do you feel when you wake up?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Spokeonawheel, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

Ok, so....not that sure where to put this post but training seemed the best fit.

I'm 41. I dont look it. But for fucks sake I feel like a 60 yr old man who's been hit with hammers all night after I wake up.

Sore joints sore muscles...fucking just gross all over. Goes away after about an hour and 2 cups of coffee. If I have to be at work at 5 am, I get up at 330 just to give myself time to turn back into a functioning human.

I dont think I'm over trained. I'm just not 25 anymore. Fuck.

Are your mornings similar?

Thanks for listening to my rant.

2. Biggerarms22

Biggerarms22 Member

I think you're not sleeping enough.

3. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

You're not wrong but I'd say I get 7 to 8 hrs 75% of the time.

However, I need to hit the doc on this one, I'm pissing at least 2 or 3 times throughout the night. Sometimes more. I drink 2 gallons of water a day, but there could be more to it. Possible prostate weirdness.

Biggerarms22 likes this.
  4. Biggerarms22

Biggerarms22 Member

I've always done that since I was a kid. It's probably normal.

Worf likes this.
  5. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Go get a fasting glucose test. Or go to Wal-Mart and buy a glucometer and some strips and prick your finger first thing in the morning fasted. Your reading should be between 80-100, if it's higher than 100 you may be having issues. Just rule out everything that's all I'm saying.

Eman, Toadzyyy, tauras66 and 4 others like this.
  6. Multislacking

Multislacking Member

Part of getting older.

You might need to get a sleep study. See if you need a cpap. They can make a HUGE difference.

7. Boss hog

Boss hog Member

Time see a urolgist and get the prostate checked. When I started going like that at night it was enlarged to the point he put me on flow max which helped a lot.

8. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

If that reading was higher than 100 what would it indicate? Pre diabetic?

Not running GH or anything. Only been running moderate dosages of gear or cruising for last 8 months.

On the smaller side body wise rt now. At 220 lbs 6' and very near 12% BF.

When I was in 240s I did hear myself snoring and in general was less comfortable.

9. Boss hog

Boss hog Member

Your A1C is what needs to be checked to determine if you are pre-diabetic

Spokeonawheel likes this.
  10. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

Dont really have any reason to worry bout that one I believe.

Concerns would be prostate or kidney. Kidney problems and I'm done with gear. Hooefully not that.

11. Boss hog

Boss hog Member

My advice is go see a Dr and get a complete work up and tell them whats going on with you that what they are there for. Coming here a get random peoples advice will send your head spinning on what if.

And pick a uroligst with small hands, you'll thank me later.

12. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

Yeah. That's already in the works. My doc knows that I'm a bodybuilder and is aware of AAS usage so theres no weirdness there. Just need to make appointment and maybe get a referral.

13. 4Figgy

4Figgy Member

I’m in the same boat. You pretty much described me every morning. I do attribute most of my lethargy to poor sleep and the meds I take to get what sleep I can. But feeing like I got ran over by a dump truck every morning is my normal unless my body has had enough and I actually get a good night of rem sleep. Definitely not 25 anymore.

Oldschool and Silentlemon1011 like this.
  14. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

Yeah bro. That's pretty much it. I gotta believe this is pretty common for guys around 40 or above.

After that first hour though...fuck, I'm good. Get moving. Get to eating, work or whatever, and look forward to training later. Love my gym time. Gonna have to deload a bit this week though as my elbows are fucking mad at me. Week after go medium to heavy again and see how that feels.

15. Silentlemon1011

Silentlemon1011 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I have the same issues in the AM

After 1 hour I'm gtg.

My BG is on point,
    I've done sleep studies and no serious issues.

Sometimes we just AREN'T morning people.

Mac11wildcat, Worf, Oldschool and 2 others like this.
  16. eery

eery Member

I have sleep apnea, so if i dont sleep with my mask on i feel like i got hit by a bus when i wake up most days. I pee 2-3x a night as well, its just whats normal for me.

I would suggest to get a sleep study and look at what you can do to optimize your sleep hygiene.

17. maxx the dogg

maxx the dogg Member

I've always felt like shit in the morning even as a child but now I've got the joint and muscle pains too. A couple hours and a few cups of coffee and I can halfway function, but I'm 67 so I should just feel lucky to be alive I guess :^ /

18. takkix

takkix Member

If the night urinations are caused by your prostate there is a supplement called saw palmetto that can really help a lot. I already heard many great reviews about it from people out of the bodybuilding community

Here is the examine page about it:
    Saw Palmetto Supplement — Health Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects

For your energy problems:
    Is this also the case when you sleep longer/don't have to wake up at a specific time? Have you tried sleep supplements like melatonin or similar things?

Spokeonawheel likes this.
  19. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Pissing 2 to 3 times a night could just be your base line. I had the same issues and saw a urologist. All was normal, I just happened to be a person who pisses 2 to 3 times a night lol. I had a hard time in am as well. I'm almost 40. But like most once I get moving, say 30 to 45 mins after waking up and having some caffeine I'm gtg. I too though definitely don't get enough sleep though. If I get 7 hours that's sleeping in.

20. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I'm almost 37 and I never feel good when I first wake up. It's worse if I don't get enough sleep, but even 8 hours I'm not jumping out of bed feeling great. My hands hurt a lot first thing and if I sleep in a funny position my back will hurt. And like you said it all feels better after about an hour of being up and moving around.

I'm usually waking up to take a leak once or twice a night. It's been like that for me since I was little though. I remember being terrified of waking my dad up going to the bathroom at night as a kid. Eating and drinking closer to bedtime affects it for sure. I try to stop about three hours before sleep.