How long does it take to collect a semen specimen ...

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Michael Scally MD, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

On your mark, get set, go!

[OA] Lopategui DM, Antoniassi MP, Ibrahim E, Ramasamy R, Brackett NL. How long does it take a man to collect his semen specimen in a busy infertility clinic? Transl Androl Urol 2019;8:S1-s5.
    http://tau.amegroups.com/article/view/24554/23252

Background: The duration of time required for male patients to collect their semen specimen heavily impacts the workflow of a busy infertility clinic. We analyzed this parameter to optimize the scheduling clinic space in the setting of growing male infertility practices.

Methods: Prospective observational study on men collecting semen specimens for fertility evaluation, sperm cryopreservation or vasectomy at a male infertility clinic. Duration of time required for semen collection by masturbation was measured.

Results: Patients were 136 men with a mean age +/- standard deviation of 35.7+/-7.8 years (range, 18.8 to 62.5 years). Indications for semen collection were: evaluation for male factor infertility in 125 cases (92%), of which 12 (9%) underwent sperm cryopreservation; post-vasectomy evaluation in 7 cases (5%); and post vasoepididymostomy in 4 cases (3%).

The median collection time was 11 minutes 57 seconds +/- IQR 9 minutes 8 seconds to 17 minutes 5 seconds; and ranging from 3 minutes 9 seconds to 39 minutes 50 seconds.

Patients accompanied by their female partner in the collection room were significantly more likely to take longer than 15 minutes compared to unaccompanied patients (P=0.012).

Age and indication for semen collection were not associated with duration.

Conclusions: Median collection time in our sample was 11 minutes 57 seconds, with significant variability across the sample. Patients accompanied by their female partners required significantly longer time to collect their sample, while age does not seem to have an impact.

2. Of course there is a study on this.

3. Tinytim

Tinytim Member

Lol, i can rub one out in a minute. State of mind. Some times i get this tune in my head,' Don't do it, when you want to sock it to it" to distract and prolong ejaculation, ill think of baseball, dead Nuns, or just take my pain med before sex.

4. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

If one was really inclined to play with the average they could take some dapox prior to the appointment

5. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Dead nuns would make me bust immediately. Hot.

ickyrica and Tinytim like this.
  6. brutus79

brutus79 Member

I actually just rubbed one out at the ivf clinic- girlfriend went in to have her eggs collected 5 minutes ago. It took me about 4 minutes. Boom.

7. GymRaccoon

GymRaccoon Member

lol. Just heard in my head Cleveland from Family Guy say "and boom goes the dynamite"

ickyrica likes this.
  8. Tinytim

Tinytim Member

I like the scene when he is in the car with a white chick and their like " Roll up the windows, your letting the stink out!" Lmao

9. ickyrica

Who doesnt like to crack open a cold one every now and again?

Sick fuck....

brutus79 likes this.
  10. deusromanus

deusromanus Junior Member

Yes but it can be habit forming.

brutus79 and ickyrica like this.
  11. ickyrica

I know :(

brutus79 likes this.