How long is test cream in your system(half-life)?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by jfiz, May 28, 2011.

jfiz Junior Member

Iv been on 10% test cream(DHEA, Lipoderm base) for the past 4 weeks. I get my bloods done next week and was wanting to come off the cream so my test level is low and hopefully get prescribed injectables(Australia..). Does anyone know how long after stopping the cream it would be out of my system and my levels would be low(before my natural production starts up)? Im guessing it would only be a matter of 2 days or so?
    Crazy Crew

Crazy Crew Member

Common sense would dictate that since you have to apply daily; its very short lived. So in 3 or 4 days you should be very low on serum testosterone. Good luck
    Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

I know of NO evidence that DHEA is HPTA suppressive. If ANYONE can point to evidence that DHEA is suppressive, please cite. Further DHEA administration does NOT significantly raise T levels. If this is T cream, the HPTA might not be suppressed for very long or if at all.
    Last edited: May 28, 2011

jfiz Junior Member

oh i should point out its 10% testosterone 5% DHEA...
    im going to stop tomorrow, get my blood taken in 3 days time and see how i go.
    Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

That would be a pretty good guess on when it might be low. However, I have never prescribed T without a proper workup so this might be for naught.

GirlyMan Member

That's what the Big Pharma gels say and that's my experience with 6 pumps androgel. 24 hours post-application -> 475 ng/dl total T, 48 hours post-application -> 185 ng/dl (don't ask, some days I just forget to dose). Dunno if the pharmacokinetics of compounded creams are different.

biceps72 Active Member

not sure exactly but nbest guess is 48 hrs or less,

androgel is to be used daily; if you miss an application which I rarely do, I apply 1.5X the next application time (around 230 PM for me)

jfiz Junior Member

what a good forum. thanks for the help guys.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.