How much meat vs shakes do you eat?

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by jabo, Nov 6, 2017.

1. jabo

jabo Member

Trying to get In about 350ish grams of protein a day. Iv been eating 2lbs of chicken a day so roughly 200grams there and 150 from shakes.

I know most will say get most protein from "real" food but I have no idea how the hell you guys eat that much dam meat In one day and I know some guys get over 400 grams a day too. Is 2lbs a lot of meat or am I just being a bitch and have no appetite, how much do you guys eat per day to get your protein? Also what do you guy take to increase appetite?

2. Evom1

Evom1 Member

My protein sources per day
    1 cup egg whites
    24oz beef
    24oz chicken
    5 scoops whey
    1.5 scoops casein

You really just gotta learn to force yourself to eat, I'm almost never hungry, but you do whatever it takes.

SteakWellDonePls and Blitz Comet like this.
  3. jabo

jabo Member

Dam man wtf I guess I was being a bitch about it then lol how much protein is that for you? How much you weigh?

4. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Honestly I'm not certain what it is. If you wanted to add it up, it's 93% beef and chicken breast with the fat trimmed off. My whey is 25g per scoop.

I'm 240 tho so scale that accordingly with your size. However I'll totally admit many years ago when I started, 300g seemed like mission impossible.

Get your self quarts of pasteurized egg whites, or muscle egg. Just chug it as your protein source. 8oz is I think 24g? Honestly I can't tell I'm drinking anything other than basically water, but if it weird you out go get flavored muscle egg.

hurricane likes this.
  5. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

How much do you weigh?

6. jabo

jabo Member

I'm sitting at about 215 12%ish.

7. jabo

jabo Member

Where do you get your egg whites? at the store it's pretty expensive I feel like I'd be better off adding more whey

8. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Then why are you tryin to get 350g of protein?

Eman, hurricane and Oregongearhead like this.
  9. jabo

jabo Member

I'm trying to get around 1.5 of protein per lb. just something iv been doing for awhile. Why is that too much in your opinion?

10. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

It's way more than you actually need. It's not enough to be dangerous but you might be better off lowering your protein intake somewhat and raising carbs and/or fats to compensate, especially if you're having trouble downing that much protein.

What's your goal? Cutting or bulking?

hurricane likes this.
  11. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

You can pasteurize your own eggs at home easily and separate the yolks. All you need is a pan and water. Only takes a few minutes, too. Just Google it.

hurricane likes this.
  12. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Just whatever grocery store. They're usually $4.50 for 32 Oz.

13. jabo

jabo Member

I'm about 3 weeks into a cut now. I figured I'd up the protein while cutting otherwise I go for 1-1.2 per lb during bulk

14. CJames

CJames Member

No shake, all my protein comes from chicken breasts.

15. Endure

Endure Member

All whole foods minus an occasional protein bar. Try not to drink my protein as it's not satiating.

16. zeta1

zeta1 Member

true true, try to eat all your calories from whole foods, I only drink a shake for post workout, and all other meals are whole food meals, as a member mentioned above it's more satisfying when you eat real food, after I have my post workout shake I get hungry really quick

17. NewTEX

NewTEX Member

I just started blending my chicken,rice and spinach into a shake,,,works for me,,,also 10 soft boiled eggs blended with OJ in the AM is great.has to be warm though.bought a pack of those big fat straws,,lol

18. zeta1

zeta1 Member

Have you tried making your egg whites with veggies in the oven? Put them on a muffin tray , easy to eat

19. NewTEX

NewTEX Member

Not yet,,that sounds like a good idea...thinking about making a huge quiche,,with chicken,,green veggies,,potatoes,,cheese,,,ect.ect

20. zeta1

zeta1 Member

sounds good, i been looking at recipes and found good ones online