How much ya skwaat?

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by DonQKong, Mar 5, 2016.

1. DonQKong

DonQKong Member

Hey PLers,

I feel a PR coming, first one in 6 months at least, it will come squirting out da hole any day now.

Begs the question how much my fella mesolites squat. I'm @ 140kg / 310 pounds with form.

How much ya skwaat?

D

2. Havnt squatted in about a month or two but 405x5 atg at 246 lb rn

Ozzy619 and MindlessWork like this.
  3. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I haven't maxed out in 2-3 months, last time I blew up 385 like it was nothing, Soni think I could have hit 405 that day, with the program I've been on I think I could hit 425 if I tried.

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. thinman

thinman Member

Failed at 405 atg last week.

Pushed 385 up pretty easy.

Belt only.

Huckaberry88 likes this.
  5. DonQKong

DonQKong Member

upload_2016-3-5_20-17-58.png

6. Trapmonster

Trapmonster Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

245 atg I'm currently working on 275 atg but can't seem to bring it up after pausing at the bottom. 193lbs.

7. Skull

Skull Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Im a puss. 365lbs @175lbsBW

8. Eman

Eman Member

I came across this video the other night, thought it would fit in well here.

DocGreen, FeartheBeard, Les and 4 others like this.
  9. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Hit 500lbs with a belt and knee wraps at a meet earlier this year. Currently taking time off squats due to a recurring knee injury that's been getting worse and worse. On a good, pain free day I think I could still manage low to mid 400's with just a belt for now, no telling how much I'll lose before I get this knee thing sorted out though.

10. ruckin

ruckin Member

Got 485 atg, no belt a couple weeks ago, and I know I've added 15+ lbs since then so i know i can get 500 atg no belt now.

11. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Just watched this the other day, and the deadlift one as well.

cerialkiller92 and Eman like this.
  12. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

I think body weight should also be mentioned when talking about a squat max as body weight makes a pretty significant impact on squat numbers. Same for bench. Not so much for deads.

Usmc88, Spooby, Ozzy619 and 1 other person like this.
  13. brutus79

brutus79 Member

425 for 9 reps last week- deep and raw. Haven't maxed in a while but I am sure well over 500.... 485 was my last max a few months ago.

14. DonQKong

DonQKong Member

You tried sleeves bud? It wont take ou to max, but imp gives just about right pressure, heat and support to stay away from pain and further injury

MindlessWork and Perrin Aybara like this.
  15. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I was thinking about that the other day actually. I'm just an idiot mind you, but I think the bodyweight thing is somewhat misleading. I've had people say that a guy who weighs 150 lbs and squats double bodyweight is "stronger" than someone that weighs 300lb and only squats 1.5 times bodyweight and I don't think it's fair to say cuz 300lb isn't really anything, but 750 lbs is a considerable amount of weight.

Testing12 likes this.
  16. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Yeah, I've been using them a couple months, but it's been getting worse and worse even with them. I'm about to try peptides and time off and if that doesn't work I'll see a doctor about it. It started out as only a couple times a year and lately it'd been every other workout I'd barely get through warm-ups and have to stop squatting. Huge setback to my training for sure.

17. ruckin

ruckin Member

300 x 1.5 = 450 not 750

Usmc88, Spooby, turcao and 2 others like this.
  18. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Thank you. I don't know how that shit happens. My phone does this weird thing where if I type in a number or a word I haven't used before, if I don't verify that it is the number/word I am trying to use it switches it to something similar that I have used before.

Leancuisine likes this.
  19. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Is it Android? You can turn that feature off, I had to because it made logging workouts very frustrating.

Leancuisine and insaiyan93 like this.
  20. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

It is. Do you know what it's called? It fucking kills me. I understand autocorrect, but this changes things even if it's spelled correctly and it drives me up the wall.