How to become a morning lifter

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by OldmanRob, Feb 26, 2018.

1. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

Hello guys and gals of Meso.

Any one have any tips on how to become a morning lifter. I mean like a 5 am lifting person.

I own my own business and it's our busy season and finding time in the day is becoming a bitch to say the least.

Without going into too much detail I am in construction and I literally have no time in the daytime. Winter months I can get 4 out of 5 days and I hit it on weekends when I have to.

The sad truth is that I've never been a morning lifter but I am up by 430 almost every day.

I guess I know the answers I seek but if anyone has any good tips I am all ears.

Thankyou in advance

OMR

2. Set an alarm, than immediately make yourself hot coffee. You'll be a morning lifter in no time.

OldmanRob likes this.
  3. Gbro

Gbro Member

Get a coffee pot/alarm combo.

Get your ass up to a waiting cup of hot coffee.

OldmanRob likes this.
  4. REM2306

REM2306 Junior Member

I’m the same way man. I have to either wake up at 5am which is the worst. After time you get used to it but for the first few weeks you will be dragging ass. If I start slacking in the mornings I will get a night lift in after 6pm so most of the loser clear out.

It’s all about drive and finding a way. I would also consider what your gym goals are. For me during cutting season, mornings seem to be way more affective at cutting. Where as bulking is good to hit the gym at night.

OldmanRob and Bleeding heart like this.
  5. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

Sounds like a coffee alarm it is, I'm going to give this a go.

One good thing is I suppose at 5 am I can go in my jeans and a work shirt. I just gotta get out the door right away.

Bleeding heart likes this.
  6. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

I am working on cutting so my workouts are more of a rapid pace.

7. I couldn't train legs in jeans.

Kakarot and REM2306 like this.
  8. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

I am setting out my gym clothes now and putting my work clothes in my gym bag

9. REM2306

REM2306 Junior Member

I couldn’t lift in jeans. Plus I wouldn’t want to be “that guy”.

OldmanRob likes this.
  10. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

One cool thing is that I do have a treadmill and an iron dumbbell rack from 3 to 50 lbs in my shop with two Olympic weight sets.

Maybe it's tome to organize my shop

Oldschool and Bleeding heart like this.
  11. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

I will go in gym clothes, but there are probably 3 people in that place at 5 am

12. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

Ok, got my work clothes in my gym bag, a pre workout drink next to it already made and my gym clothes next to it.

My PWO drink gets me pretty amped up fairly quick so tomorrow I head out the door at 5 am.

Looking forward to it, if I make it for two weeks I should be golden

13. Morning? i'm not familiar with such a term.
    When i wake up, the day moon is shining brightly and the clock is nearing it's change from AM to PM.

Good luck, brother. You'll acclimate. i'm a night lifter, myself. Find that i have way more in me to give than i do during the day.

insaiyan93 and OldmanRob like this.
  14. Gbro

Gbro Member

giphy.gif

Do it. Pussy.

15. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

I'm in contstuction too, i find that if I have a late start time 730 or later i can either get cardio in or lifting. I then go in the afternoon after work for which ever i didn't do in the morning. I usually start at 6 though and don't have time in the mornings. But i get off early on those days so it isn't a big deal. I also go every saturday and sunday

OldmanRob likes this.
  16. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

Gbro likes this.
  17. OldmanRob

OldmanRob Member

My problem is I am kind of obsessed with landing jobs and keeping the crew going.

I think this morni g thing will be a good challenge. I am trying to lean up some so at least I am not lifting heavy.

I don't think I could lift heavy in the wee hours of the morning

Logan44551 likes this.
  18. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

I did it for years. 4am wake up, protein shake, brush and pee, go to gym. Shower - eat some breakfast - go through your day. I had to be ar work at 0630 until TBD, so I was up at 4am religiously. Honestly a good workout early will make your whole day better

19. J DUGIN

J DUGIN Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

MisterSuperGod and OldmanRob like this.
  20. J DUGIN

J DUGIN Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I like early morning workout at times. Definitely makes you feel good for the rest of the day.
    I've found coffee with a piece of toast and honey on the way to the gym provides a little boost. I have a hard time working out on a completely empty stomach.

OldmanRob likes this.