How you guys feel about this rep scheme and sets

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by 350lift, Nov 23, 2019.

1. 350lift

350lift Member

I do one warm up sets to get fired up and make the mind muscle connection easier by getting a tiny pump

then three sets of 7-10 reps of the heaviest I can do

then pyramid down two sets after and make each set 12 reps and make sure by the last rep it’s the last I can do by full squeezing and strict form

aim to get a rounded strength hypertrophy approach through this

2. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Sounds like it would work. Heavy sets and pump sets.

350lift likes this.
  3. I'd drop the reps down to the 3-5 range for straight strength. Maybe up the hypertrophy sets up to 15-20. That's up to you though.

350lift likes this.
  4. 350lift

350lift Member

Yeah I figured I’d keep it like this to try to hit both a bit. I’ll see how it goes

5. jJjburton

jJjburton Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

hypertrophy happens in the 8-12 rep ranges.

350lift likes this.
  6. 350lift

350lift Member

Yeah I know

7. Screamsofnoreply

Screamsofnoreply Junior Member

Make sure you warm up properly, just one set then jumping into heavy working sets is not a good idea esp in winter.

Hypertrophy is not about reps, it is about time under tension so about 40-45 seconds a set. Typically for most people 12-15 reps fits this criteria, it all depends on rep speed.

SteroidsBro and JC Grifter like this.
  8. DonaldPump123

DonaldPump123 Member

Exactly, this is why I never put a number on the amount of reps I do. Every set is controlled tempo and to failure or very to failure. Even if it's just 135 on the bench, if I can get 35 reps then I will do so. Your muscles don't know shit about the weight you're using. Push hard and go to failure and get a sick pump doing it. High reps pyramiding up in weight until short of 10 reps. I don't even count sets either, just keep going and going until I can't get 10.

9. Think OP caught himself a temp ban.

Can't auto tag him. Was wondering why it's been so quiet around here the past few days.

murray312 likes this.
  10. Sworder

Sworder Member

I was wondering where he was at too. Do you know what post it was that gave him the ban hammer?

murray312 likes this.
  11. i think it was probably due to the 5 or 6 rage posts after @Cornfed said don't get your panties in a bunch.

murray312, Cornfed and johntt44 like this.
  12. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Bring 350lift back from banishment!

murray312 likes this.
  13. Sworder

Sworder Member

Pristine Anabolics Intro

Am gonna start reading here. Quite interested in what happened since Millard typically won't ban except for threatening of one's life or something really bad.

14. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Lmao. Good times

MisterSuperGod likes this.
  15. murray312

murray312 Member

Oic now.