Humulin R

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by r100proof, Jun 16, 2005.

r100proof

r100proof Junior Member

Since it says in the sticky Humulin R is available without a prescription can someone point me to a website that sells it. Every one I clicked on required a script. PM me or email me at r100proof@cyber-rights.net . Thanks.

Mad Bulgarian

Mad Bulgarian Junior Member

You can walk in your local pharmacy (cvs,etc) and purchase it.

Joffa

Joffa Junior Member

Yes it is OTC; just walk in and purchase some. If they question it at all or if you're nervous, just tell them your grandmother told you to pick some up for her ;)

~Joffa

r100proof

r100proof Junior Member

Is it behind the counter? Do I have to ask for it? How long does a 10cc bottle last at 10iu ed. Im confused on the dosing. I have insulin syringes and have read the FAQ.

Joffa

Joffa Junior Member

You are correct. I made a mistake on my last post. It is behind the counter, but there is no prescription required. Just ask for what you want. 10 iu a day in a 10cc bottle will last a long time. Humulin typically comes in bottles of 100iu per cc. So if you have 10cc x 100iu / cc = 1000iu. If you're taking 10iu a day, you'll get 100 doses out of it.

As for the dosing, if you're using insulin syrgines, they are gaged properly already. Each unit on the syringe coordinates with 1 iu of insulin. Another words, your daily dose you would draw up to the 10iu line on the syringe. To be safe, and you should do this to test your limits also, start low at 2iu per day and add 2iu everyday; don't shoot 10iu on the first day, you're not sure how you're body react. This is assuming you are using standard 100iu / cc insulin syringes and your insulin is 100iu/cc as well; as far as I know, all insulin is the same dosing.

~Joffa

Joffa

Joffa Junior Member

Also here's another lil tip in case you get nervous or are afraid they'll suspect something and try to deny you. Write down what you want on a piece of paper, then go to the pharmacist and be like "hi. My grandmother told me to buy some medicine for her, but I can't seem to find it. This is what she wrote down." and show them the paper. Sounds like you don't even know insulin needs to be refrigerated. Sounds convincing to me ;-) This way you don't stand out to them or feel strange, because normally diabetics are given prescriptions to take to the pharmacist for insulin; this way there's no explaining or worrying why you don't even have one.

~Joffa

r100proof

r100proof Junior Member

Thanks. I just went and bought some.

r100proof

r100proof Junior Member

My friend just got denied at a pharmacy. They said he needs to bring a prescription in. This make me anxious for the next time I go in. He said I have a horseshoe up my ass, that's why I got it. He did get it at the next pharmacy but he had to make a deal to buy when he asked for syringes at the next pharmacy. They said take your insulin back, buy it here,and I can sell you syringes. I had no problem buying just syringes either. I think I sounded more confident, and live in a better area. Could that be it?

freedom_myth

freedom_myth Junior Member

quick question... i just had someone ask me, and my brain is shut down due to lack of caffeine!

once OPENED and kept in the fridge, how long does humulin R stay good?

the exp date on his is way up in 2007, but it doesn't say a different date when opened. i think it stays good all the way until the exp date on the box when kept in the fridge at all times , even opened... but then i thought i remembered reading something about discarding unused portion after a month... so i figured i better double check b4 telling him to use it and having him die and be pissed off at me. :eek:

rpmjr19

rpmjr19 Junior Member

how much did they get ya for it?

Gman2004

Gman2004 Junior Member

I know this is an old thread, but I'll put my 2 cents in. I went to Walgreens and CVS yesterday and both places told me I needed a script for Humulog R.

freedom_myth

freedom_myth Junior Member

that is because 'log is better and safer than humulin... so it needs a script... i know, it is backwards, but that is the good old USA... LOL...

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.