I finally hit 1,000 pushups in a workout!!

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by Demondosage, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

And it was absolute hell!! This is something I've been doing for awhile now. I started integrating pushups into the weight workouts and slowly climbed from 250 a workout to 400, 500, 700, 800, and today I just said fuck it all and did 1,000.

Just decided to do this fairly regularly about 6 months ago while avoiding heavy weight so my tendon could heal bit. Usually I do this 2-3x per week and I integrate them with all upper body muscles. So if I'm hitting delts I'll do a set of delts and then a set of pushups rt after. If I'm doing chest I will do a set of flys or something, then straight into pushups as a superset.

I guess it's sort of instinctive but used as an all around pump when I train upper body. But I finally hit 1,000 reps today, something I never even planned on when I began doing 250 a workout several months ago

2. Gbro

Gbro Member

I tore my rotator cuff doing push-ups. Never again.

T-Bagger likes this.
  3. barneys

barneys Member

Thats impressive, congrats man

4. movingiron88

movingiron88 Member

Hey @Demondosage if you dont mind me asking. Why did you sign of from BOP? Maybe you could elaborate more on this forum. If not it's all good.

BigNattyDaddy likes this.
  5. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

He was on BOP? Traitor! ;)

T-Bagger likes this.
  6. movingiron88

movingiron88 Member

My bad, it was a misunderstanding on my end. The member I was asking about was not @Demondosage

7. valuum

valuum Member

Reminds me of flipping a deck in jail. Shuffle a deck of cards, draw 1-3 cards (depending on skill) J/Q/K - 10, A- 15, everything else what it says. IIRC flipping one deck should get you like 600-700 push ups depending on variations people do. My bunky in prison used to flip a deck before I even rolled out of bed.
    "YOU AINT WANT THIS MONEY, YUNGBUCK"

You're right, pooky, I don't lol.

8. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Yea, it's downright rough. Once I got the 1,000 in a workout I backed off and I'm now doing a 30 minute HIT lift followed by 30 min cardio about 6x a week (or so the plan is). But I'll go back to it eventually, I just need more recovery rt now and that worked for a bit but became overwhelming

9. Keepittight

Keepittight Member

That's a awesome accomplishment dude, I haven't been into push-ups since I started weights about 10 years ago, but I still bust out some on occasion during a chest workout. Good job bro.

10. valuum

valuum Member

Another good pushup routine my bunky and I used to do during count. We'd set a stopwatch to go off every 60 seconds and pick a number, maybe 20-25. You do a set at the top of every beep. Eventually that 20 pushups takes more and more of the 60 seconds. I can't remember the exact numbers we used but the point was more to keep short rest periods and push yourself that way.

I've seen a million goofy push up variations from being in the joint, like stuff more pretentious than the stuff mens health and fitness puts out. Personally I never did anything beyond regular and diamond (close grip).

When I did 1k or near it I was probably 180-190. I'd be hard pressed to now at a more muscular 215lbs. I've seen a lot of times CO's would give away a piece of pizza to someone if they could do 100 decent pushups straight. It was always a thin (but not too skinny) guy usually <5'10 and 170lbs-180lbs.

Demondosage likes this.
  11. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Bet you could set a world record for most pushups. My right shoulder is a bit screwed so pushups are rather difficult for me.

12. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Hell Nah dude, I think the record is some pretty insane shit , I'll have to look it up

13. MarioKnightLabs

MarioKnightLabs Junior Member

That's some awesome record, dude.
    Congrats!

14. Push Ups World Records

15. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

That's insane. Bro I felt like death finally hitting 1,000 and it took me longer than an hour!!!

T-Bagger and MisterSuperGod like this.
  16. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

I was gonna ask how long that takes you to get in 1,000 and then I see those records... WTAF??? That’s insane with 2,000 + in an hour.