I found this today..... We should all take stock now...

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by BBC3, Apr 1, 2012.

BBC3

BBC3 Member

How does this relate to "Mens Health".?? I am getting there....

College student, 26, 'shoots dead his mother and father at family home before killing himself' | Mail Online

This is a sad occurence. Again, I was somehow drawn to the reporting of the event. Its no secret I am plagued by the travesties of mankind in very close order. I even have witnesses that can testify that I "felt" the tragedy of Chris Benot's killing of himself and his family - as I actually called them advising something really bad was going down - or going to.. I had never made a public notification prior to the Benot event, as I had never been so moved. I have never, nor would I ever seek to confirm the actual times of death, or real sequence of event occurring with the Benot tragedy, cause I just dont think I could stand the thought of knowing I was bang on in the "notification" I received. There is no question that we are all joined as one conglomerate in spirit, and somewhere in TIME. But Chris Benot was not different, just, or better than any other tale of the attrocities of life. There is a REASON god wiped the slate on his first run. But whats the reason not now? And more importantly, what do we do to earn his love that is so openly given, yet rejected by MANY on a daily basis?

But regarding the article up top that I stumbled onto. I noted that this 26yr old kid was stated as honoring Hunter S Thompson, as one of his driving forces and respected sources. He sited the ever powerful quote. "He who renders himself a BEAST, gets rid of the PAIN of being a MAN". THE REPORTER WAS SO LAZY and SENSATIONAL, that he did not stop to point out that this quote that Hunter S thompson was clearly governed by, was first conceived in publication by a man named SAMUEL JOHNSON and NOT Hunter S Thompson. While Hunter S was clearly an intelligent man, HE WAS CHILDISH... This is a sin that I am no longer willing to subscribe to. And I am not saying I'm not gonna still have some fun...:D But we must first ALL learn accountability in order to possess the responsibility that is a PRE-REQUISIT for GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT. The point is that while Hunter S was an influential man who is adorned by many and due to his outspokenness of taboo subject matter, and there is clearly some learning to be had from his action. NOW - he cant add to his list of accomplishments the death of this young man and his family. And to reject the notion of learning poor values by the watching of the publicized acts of others would be the same as arguing that by watching a teacher ona blackboard, one does not learn. This is the hippocracy of these times indeed.

Top Ten - Top 10 Hunter S. Thompson Quotes - Top 10 - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Socialphy

Now you can take that PURELY for entertainment purpose - as it should be, or you are not mature enough to be here...

For those of you that wish to learn some real historical value and gain some better insight. Here is the man Hunter S respected. Whether or not they share the same values, I dont know - and doubt. But still they could be the same for all I know at this time as I have yet to choose my mentor and purchase stock:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Samuel_Johnson
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Johnson]Samuel Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

SOME NOTES:
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure.

Marriage has many pains, but celibacy has no pleasures. Ch. 26

This world, where much is to be done and little to be known.

And actually the more of his work I review, the more I think he may have just been the Jerry Seinfeld of the 1700's.. To each their own. Do not discount the fact that I said this man was born in 1709....! So before us, there are many, but why do we repeat the same mistakes? The real question may be - Why do we do what we do....?! I think Anheiser Busch figured is out and "why ask why". LOL

But the point of all this being, that we WILL choose WHATEVER we decide, at whatever CONTEXT we WANT TO PERCEIVE. SLOTH applies here as a DEADLY SIN, as we lazily readily accept the first cheap thrill that comes our way and stock up on it so as to avoid the one thing that stiples many of us. and that is FEAR.... and as you walk through that valley, you can afford ZERO FEAR. And in case you missed the memo, you dont even have to acknowledge FEAR, because LOVE is freely given.... Fear is indeed the MIND KILLER. The Thorn of Mankind, and the worst Fukin SIN there is......

The Seven Deadly Sins, also known as the Capital Vices or Cardinal Sins, is a classification of objectionable vices (part of Christian ethics) that have been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. The currently recognized version of the sins are usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

If you note, FEAR is not listed here. This is because IT SUPERCEDES and FEEDS ALL OF THEM.. It motivates, enables, and drives all of them. It is the hand of the Devil working - and nothing less....

Now take a good look at all your writings - those of you who have posted. Those who have not should now reconcile in the issues that bring you here. Ask yourself - "What is truley subordinate to what?, What is important to YOU, and will you waste another minute of the life and soul you have been given, when tomorrow might be you last chance...!"

My message is POSITIVE. Its ALWAYS POSITIVE. Never mistake otherwise. Whether I present myself as a babbling fool, a profit from outter space, or your friend and brotha - ALWAYS KNOW THIS. The goal is to LEARN to be BETTER...:);)

CubbieBlue

CubbieBlue Member

I need to spend some time re-reading this, but, wow.

zkt

zkt Member

I`m working on the links. :confused:

keriheat

keriheat Member

I think 'I am', but now I'm not sure!

© 1997–2016 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.