Imbalanced core, need suggestions

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by StillMind, Jul 12, 2018.

1. StillMind

StillMind Member

Noticed an imbalance in my core from doing standing cable flys with my dominant foot forward for years. What exercises would help rebalance my mid section or at least simulate a similar function. Basically one side of my abs are three dimensional and the other side, smoother, less pronounced.

My current ab exercises are rotated weekly and are as followed; decline medicine ball twists, decline medicine ball crunch, land mines, cable crunches, side bends, leg lifts, and getting back into hanging windmills.

Thinking, one of the best ways is to use my opposite foot forward till they even out then make sure to have a square stance after.

2. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Switch your other foot forward when doing flys so both sides get worked equally

Savagesteve and StillMind like this.
  3. StillMind

StillMind Member

Are there any exercises I can do to help with the process? Or stick with cable flys on chest day till they even out?

BigNattyDaddy likes this.
  4. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

I would stick to chest flys only, but I don't even work abs anymore. If you're on a cycle and have a decent diet, body fat should melt away. I haven't worked abs since high school lol.

StillMind likes this.
  5. StillMind

StillMind Member

I’ll be there soon lol I’m about a month back off the couch at 6’2 195 12-13%. I wanna break 200 lean before my first cycle. Thank you for the input!

BigNattyDaddy likes this.