Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Inside P.I. Toy bOx

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by pumpingiron22, Oct 11, 2016.

1. pumpingiron22

pumpingiron22 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

[​IMG]

Use Anonabox to:

Access the Deep Web
    Easily access the deep or dark web.

Gain access to the estimated 35% of the Internet’s search content not reachable via traditional search engines like Google. Using Tor allows access to .Onion domains as well as access to tools to help navigate this additional web content freely. Want more information about the Deep Web? Click Here. Want to see which Anonabox product is right for your Deep Web access?Click Here.
    Anonymous WiFi - Tor
    Connect using the Tor Network.

Stop Remarketing Ads
    Avert malicious tracking cookies and ads.

Deter Big Data Collection
    Avoid Big Data collection and analysis.

WiFi Range Extender
    Boost your network signal up to 300 feet

Deter Hackers
    Use VPN to encrypt your data.

Bypass Censorship
    Get around blocked content and websites.

Many world governments as well as local Internet network operators (work, school, local governments) often restrict access to certain websites. Basic Internet functions we’ve come to count on like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter are often not accessible. These sites are just a few examples of the reduction of freedoms from censored Internet. Want to see which Anonabox product is right for your needs? Click Here.
    Anonymous WiFi - VPN
    Connect using a Virtual Private Network.

Keep Location Secret
    Keep your physical location secret.

Online Browsing Privacy
    Keep your online browsing private.

Onion Hosting
    Connect to and Host .Onion Websites.

Tunnel Location
    Access location-specific content.

TS561 likes this.
  2. pumpingiron22

How to Use Your Cat to Hack Your Neighbor’s Wi-Fi

LATE LAST MONTH, a Siamese cat named Coco went wandering in his suburban Washington, DC neighborhood. He spent three hours exploring nearby backyards. He killed a mouse, whose carcass he thoughtfully brought home to his octogenarian owner, Nancy. And while he was out, Coco mapped dozens of his neighbors’ Wi-Fi networks, identifying four routers that used an old, easily-broken form of encryption and another four that were left entirely unprotected.

Unbeknownst to Coco, he’d been fitted with a collar created by Nancy’s granddaughter’s husband, security researcher Gene Bransfield. And Bransfield had built into that collar a Spark Core chip loaded with his custom-coded firmware, a Wi-Fi card, a tiny GPS module and a battery—everything necessary to map all the networks in the neighborhood that would be vulnerable to any intruder or Wi-Fi mooch with, at most, some simple crypto-cracking tools.

In the 1980s, hackers used a technique called “wardialing,” cycling through numbers with their modems to find unprotected computers far across the internet. The advent of Wi-Fi brought “wardriving,” putting an antenna in a car and cruising a city to suss out weak and unprotected Wi-Fi networks. This weekend at the DefCon hacker conference in Las Vegas, Bransfield will debut the next logical step: The “WarKitteh” collar, a device he built for less than $100 that turns any outdoor cat into a Wifi-sniffing hacker accomplice.

[​IMG]C
    Despite the title of his DefCon talk—“How To Weaponize Your Pets”–Bransfield admits WarKitteh doesn’t represent a substantial security threat. Rather, it’s the sort of goofy hack designed to entertain the con’s hacker audience. Still, he was surprised by just how many networks tracked by his data-collecting cat used WEP, a form of wireless encryption known for more than ten years to be easily broken. “My intent was not to show people where to get free Wi-Fi. I put some technology on a cat and let it roam around because the idea amused me,” says Bransfield, who works for the security consultancy Tenacity. “But the result of this cat research was that there were a lot more open and WEP-encrypted hot spots out there than there should be in 2014.”

In his DefCon talk, Bransfield plans to explain how anyone can replicate the WarKitteh collar to create their own Wifi-spying cat, a feat that’s only become easier in the past months as the collar’s Spark Core chip has become easier to program. Bransfield came up with the idea of feline-powered Wi-Fi reconnaissance when someone attending one of his security briefings showed him a GPS collar designed to let people locate their pets by sending a text message. “All it needed was a Wi-Fi sniffer,” he says. “I thought the idea was hilarious, and I decided to make it.”

His first experiment involved hiding an HTC Wildfire smartphone in the pocket of a dog jacket worn by his coworker’s tabby, Skitzy. Skitzy quickly managed to worm out of the jacket, however, losing Bransfield’s gear. “It was a disaster,” he says. “That cat still owes me a phone.”
    [​IMG]
    Bransfield spent the next months painstakingly creating the WarKitteh, using Spark’s Arduino-compatible open source hardware and enlisting Nancy to sew it into a strip of cloth. When he finally tested it on Skitzy, however, he was disappointed to find the cat spent the device’s entire battery life sitting on his coworker’s front porch.

Coco turned out to be a better spy. Over three hours, he revealed 23 Wi-Fi hotspots, more than a third of which were open to snoops or used crackable WEP instead of the more modern WPA encryption. Bransfield mapped those networks in a program created by an Internet collaborator that uses Google Earth’s API, shown in a video below. The number of vulnerable access points surprised Bransfield; He says that several of the WEP connections were Verizon FiOS routers left with their default settings unchanged.

Though he admits his cat stunt was mostly intended to entertain himself, he hopes it might make more users aware of privacy lessons those in the security community have long taken for granted. “Cats are more interesting to people than information security,” Bransfield says. “If people realize that a cat can pick up on their open Wi-Fi hotspot, maybe that’s a good thing.”

3. pumpingiron22

Tutorial on Hacking With Kali Linux
    By Shashwat Chaudhary July 16, 2014 beginner, cli, hacking, hacking with kali linux, kali, Kali Basics Tutorials, linux,noob, terminal, tutorial

Hacking With Kali Linux

Why Kali Linux?
    [​IMG]

With Kali Linux, hacking becomes much easier since you have all the tools (more than 300 pre-installed tools) you are probably ever gonna need. Others can be downloaded easily. Now this tutorial will get you started and you'll be hacking with Kali Linux before you know it.

[​IMG]Now, I've been dealing with beginners since a long time. What they want is magic. A tool which is easy to use, works on Windows, can be download by searching on Google and clicking on the first link we see, and will do all the hacking itself on the push of a button. Sadly, no such tool exists. Hacking is an art, and it takes years of practice to master it. So how to get started? Having no idea about hacking is okay, but being a newbie with computers in general is not allowed. When I say beginner, I mean someone who has no experience with programming and with hacking methodologies. I didn't mean someone who needs a 1 page guide on how to download a tool. If you want to be a hacker, you have to work hard. So how to get started? If you have installed Kali Linux, click here to skip past the installation paragraphs and go to hacking section of this post)

Getting Started
    Now, I am not boring you with theory (^ As if all this wasn't enough theory). My aim is to get you to the point where you can start hacking with Kali Linux as soon as possible. What I'm gonna do is tell you what to do. The process is rather simple :-

Things get tough now
    If you have no previous experience with Linux and virtual machines and all that stuff, getting Kali Linux up and running won't be a piece of cake.You have 2 options :

1. Read the Kali official documentation
    That will give you an idea about what is a virtual machine, how OS can be run from USB, and how to create a partition and run 2 OS simultaneously. This is what I recommend. For that, go to Kali Official Documentation .

2. Read my modified version of Kali documentation
    The second option is to look at these posts, which are just sparingly modified versions of the Kali docs, and offer no advantage other than saving your time as their documentations cover much more than what the ones here do, and you don't really need to know all so much... yet. I'm linking them up here:

Command Line Interface

[​IMG]
    Some bash commands
    Now, if you are really sure about becoming a hacker, you have to get used to linux, and specifically the command line interface. It is often compared to (and rightly so) to command prompt of Windows, but Linux' cli is much efficient and better than command prompt. What you have to do is do all the usual tasks you do in Windows in cli of Linux. Use cd to navigate, poweroff to shutdown, etc.
    A pretty awesome site for that is - LinuxCommand.org: Learn the Linux command line. Write shell scripts.
    Going through the complete site is on its own enough exercise to keep you occupied for a month, but you can proceed gradually. The first few tutorials here will keep in mind that you don't have much info about cli, and will be really beginner friendly.

Some Useful Commands:
    If you don't plan on learning all of linux cli commands, here are a few that will keep your boat afloat.
    1. The default username and password is 'root' and 'toor'.
    2. Type 'poweroff' in the terminal to shutdown.
    3. apt-get command can be used to install tools and updates.
    4. apt-get update and apt-get upgrade will update all the programs installed on your machine.
    5. apt-get dist-upgrade will install the latest distribution of Kali(i.e. it upgrades your OS).

PS : Tapping <tab> while typing makes Kali complete the word for you . Double tapping <tab> makes it display all possible words starting with the incomplete word. Ctrl+c stops the functioning of any tool that is running. Pressing the up arrow key shows the command you last typed.

Some Real Hacking With Kali Linux
    Assuming you've gone through the above steps and are comfortable with your new hacking environment, its time to do some real hacking with Kali Linux. My recommendation would be to start by hacking a wifi, then do some penetration testing, and maybe read something on Denial of Service when you have free time. Links here-

Hack wireless networks in Kali Linux using aircrack
    Penetration Testing In Kali For Beginners

RAre and Spooby like this.
  4. pumpingiron22

[​IMG]
    yagi antenna with alpha

5. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Wow interesting read, and maybe a small dog could wear a collar like that too as dogs can roam farther than cats.

As for the anonabox, I could well get one to help protect my mom's computer from all that nasty malware served thru ads and such as I've spent so much time removing the junk from her computer (and even having to reimage it a few times) lol.

pumpingiron22 likes this.
  6. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Someones more likely to call animal control or some shot on a dpg though. People see cats and just ignore them.

7. MindlessWork

Yes now I can see why outdoor cats are useful for this sort of thing. There are quite a few in my own neighborhood and the vast majority are no problem.

8. pumpingiron22

[​IMG]
    Go old Brutus

9. MindlessWork

Is that an old password cracking app?

10. solidaxle50

solidaxle50 Member

Very helpful info as always PI, for a novice like myself is there an advantage to having one of these over a TOR brower app I already have installed on my IPAD other then all devices in my house could use it?

Thanks