Instant coin? Who to use?

pmac928

So just made my first purchase using coinbase. However coin won't be here until next week. Circle seems like a good thing but they wouldn't give me an account. (Absolute assholes!) is there any site guys recommend or a better way for this bitcoin noob to get coin instantly? I have no desire to keep a wallet full of coin just only when I want to make a purchase. I'm also not comfortable having my banking info in multiple places. Coinbase has a debit card feature but it seems that's only for backup purposes.

Bender83

Coinbase. Add a valid credit card and you're all set. Instant buy will be enabled. Coinbase still deducts $ from your bank acct, but has the credit card for backup in case you don't have the funds in the bank.

pmac928

Coinbase. Add a valid credit card and you're all set. Instant buy will be enabled. Coinbase still deducts $ from your bank acct, but has thecredit card for backup in case you don't have the funds in the bank.
For whatever reason my bank card wasn't accepted. Actually tried using two different ones. And isn't the card used for backup only? I just don't get it. If I want to make a purchase will I have to wait days every fucking time after transfering funds? Bitcoin sucks for me so far.

Bender83

For whatever reason my bank card wasn't accepted. Actually tried using two different ones. And isn't the card used for backup only? I just don't get it. If I want to make a purchase will I have to wait days every fucking time after transfering funds? Bitcoin sucks for me so far.

Yes, if you read the section about adding a credit card / instant buy on coinbase, they say that the credit card is in case you don't have the funds in your bank account to buy the btc, then they will try to charge your card.

What do you mean they declined your bank card? Debit card? I think it has to be a credit card maybe... Not sure. Maybe email them and ask wtf. I had to do that a couple of times when they kept declining my btc purchases before I had instant buy. It would take a couple of days, then I'd get an email saying it was declined. I emailed them and bitched and they said "sorry it should be ok now" and since then It's been all good.

insaiyan93

Yes, if you read the section about adding a credit card / instant buy on coinbase, they say that the credit card is in case you don't have the funds in your bank account to buy the btc, then they will try to charge your card.

What do you mean they declined your bank card? Debit card? I think it has to be a credit card maybe... Not sure. Maybe email them and ask wtf. I had to do that a couple of times when they kept declining my btc purchases before I had instant buy. It would take a couple of days, then I'd get an email saying it was declined. I emailed them and bitched and they said "sorry it should be ok now" and since then It's been all good.

It does, in fact, have to be an actual credit card from my understanding. I've been having a bit of trouble trying to figure out the bitcoin thing myself, seems like it is much more difficult than it needs to be.

Bender83

It does, in fact, have to be an actual credit card from my understanding. I've been having a bit of trouble trying to figure out the bitcoin thing myself, seems like it is much more difficult than it needs to be.

It would make sense that they want an actual credit card. If you were to add a debit card that draws from the same bank acct that you have linked to coinbase, it would really be meaningless to add that card.

BTC is really not that bad to get the basics of. I think people make it out to be MUCH harder than it is, and psych themselves out over it.

insaiyan93

It would make sense that they want an actual credit card. If you were to add a debit card that draws from the same bank acct that you have linked to coinbase, it would really be meaningless to add that card.

BTC is really not that bad to get the basics of. I think people make it out to be MUCH harder than it is, and psych themselves out over it.

Yeah, I mean understand how it works to some extent, and how to get it. Just actually procuring it has been a bit tedious is all

Sponsored Links

Latest posts