Instant transfers form bank account

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Budlee, May 3, 2018.

1. Budlee

Budlee Member

so just trying to verify that this is correct. Can you now instantly buy bitcoin from your bank account on coinbase?

2. Skank

Skank Junior Member

You can, but it takes just keep in mind the info they want for "instant" use. Personally, I use a separate account from my primary to link.

Payment Methods for US Customers

3. GymRat88

GymRat88 Member

Yes and it usually arrives in 4 buisness days and on the 4th day it arrived for myself around 3pm.

4. Skank

Skank Junior Member

5. FiEnD

FiEnD Member

I buy using a debit card. Have access to it within 30min then transfer to another BTC service.

It's a pain the whole thing takes about an hour but it's safe and done same day

6. bubblebuddy

bubblebuddy Member

I buy all my bitcoin with cash at a bitcoin atm. don't want any record of my having bought it so in a worst case scenario I have a better leg to stand on. hope for the best and plan for the worst kind of thing.

7. FiEnD

FiEnD Member

I've heard of these ATMs I'm yet to use one. Are they only coinbase?

8. bubblebuddy

bubblebuddy Member

there are several kinds.... for instance the one I use can only sell you currency where as there are other atm that can sell as well as buy crypto.

9. FiEnD

FiEnD Member

How do you login to your account?

10. GymRat88

GymRat88 Member

@Skank my bitcoin arrived in 4 days.

11. Budlee

Budlee Member

I tried linking my debit card but it keeps coming up error and won’t allow me to do it. Have you heard of this?

12. Budlee

Budlee Member

If it takes 4 days that’s not instant to me. I’m talking same day. I just got an email stating all these changes and instant transfers was one of them.

13. FiEnD

FiEnD Member

The only error I've had was trying to purchase BTC my bank blocked the transaction until I called them and gave them authorization. Not sure if that's the issue your having but if it is it's an easy fix

Skank likes this.
  14. Skank

Skank Junior Member

Damn! that's long time. I just purchased some two yesterday and it was instant, then I sent it to my trezor and that was ~instant. The longest part for me was wiring the funds from my bank to the exchange. I called my bank in the evening to setup the transfer and by 1030 the next day the monies were on the exchange.

15. bubblebuddy

bubblebuddy Member

there is an app
    no account brother. my wallet has a barcode. I buy coin and scan my bar code. once I receive the coin my wallet generates a new address /code.

16. GymRat88

GymRat88 Member

@Skank so can you give info on how to have bitcoin in the same day screw the 4 days, I want aware you could get it right then and there?

17. Skank

Skank Junior Member

@GymRat88, hey brother. All I can say is if I wire funds from my bank to gdax/coinbase, the funds are available on the exchange by 1pm the following day.

18. GymRat88

GymRat88 Member

@Skank I appreciate the response. I'll have to jump on that. Makes life on purchasing and receiving way better. Thanks.

Skank likes this.
  19. Praeceptorem

Praeceptorem Junior Member

So I never used bitcoin but I am close to a bitcoin atm what wallet should I use to place my bitcoins in?

20. Skank

Skank Junior Member

I cannot speak to any other wallet than the hardware types. I use both Trezor and Ledger, both have their strengths and weaknesses. I favor my Trezor. I store coin on one and make transactions with the other. Kinda shit post, I know. Hopefully someone else will chime-in with some software wallet recommendations.