Interview Question

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Fuego, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Fuego

Fuego Junior Member

I'll have an opportunity to interview a few strength coaches for various teams in the big three sports. My goal is to see what they do in common; from designing training cycles, use of predictor lifts, etc. The differences in methodology would also be interesting, especially if you can clesh out the why. My audience would be athletes, this would show them the nuts and bolts at the final destination, as well as providing information for a lay audience of an intermediate level, say at least 4-5 years of experience.

Personally, I'd like to see how similar the programs in sports are to our more popular training systems (insert favorite, westside... etc.). What questions would you like to ask? What questions do you think would be beneficial for the community as a whole? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

If you've read this far, thank you. I'm a long time lurker but I've typically nothing of consequence to add to most post. There are a lot of great people here.

2. Fuego

Fuego Junior Member

First

Millard Baker likes this.
  3. Villain

Villain Member

LMAO, you just firsted your own post?

Worf, Cownan, ickyrica and 1 other person like this.
  4. Fuego

Fuego Junior Member

I know how you guys are. I should have ask to see my wife tits too.

MrBombastic, Worf, ickyrica and 2 others like this.
  5. Eman

Eman Member

Can you say who the coaches are? That might affect what questions I would want to ask.

ickyrica likes this.
  6. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Best intro ever.

First your own thread and a nod to the wife's tits tradition. Epic imo

MadBret and Villain like this.
  7. Fuego

Fuego Junior Member

The plan is to interview a few and see if I can use that as a jumping off point. I'd love to have a "What 32 NFL Strength Coachs love and hate" section. Buddy Morris is obviously high on the wish list. It'd be great to see what he thinks about NFL athletes across different eras. Is the current generation more prepared than the 2000's or 1980's? Pavel Tsatsouline has said that the powerlifters of the 80's were the best in the world and that the Russians went from what made them great to changing the program just to be different. Does that have anologies in football? Moses Cabrera is the Patriots coach, theres obviously a lot to ask there.

8. Worf

Worf Member

Now that’s an idea. So you gonna post the tit pic or...?

Villain likes this.
  9. Fuego

Fuego Junior Member

Y'all give me some fucking questions and I'll give you here tits, my tits, you can have the dogs tits too. There are 6 of those.

10. Worf

Worf Member

Ask what are the S&C programs for each sport and how do they compare on a position to position basis. What are the similarities and differences? How does the weight training for a power forward compare to that of a running back? How does the training for a short stop compare to a free safety?

Obviously the sports goals are different and there’s no direct comparison from one position to the other. I would imagine however that there are some similarities.
    I would be interested in this as well.

Millard Baker likes this.