Intra workout nutrition

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by ErikR, Jul 30, 2017.

1. ErikR

ErikR Member

Do you guys use intra workout carbs? If so,do you use it while cutting as well? I been using 50g dextrose with aminos during my workout. I do feel like my recovery is better, but if cutting is it unwise ? I'm thinking total calories a day is what matters.

2. flexx89

flexx89 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

id keep your intra workout carbs in as long as you can. eliminate calories elsewhere. i use the true nutrition intra workout formula.

ErikR likes this.
  3. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

I keep most of my daily carbs around wo. Around 20-30 prewo 20-30 intra and 20-30 post wo. Even when cutting.

ErikR likes this.
  4. D-max

D-max Member

Same as above. I'd cut them elsewhere first.

Right now I'm doing 40 pre, 29 intra, 78 post.

ErikR likes this.
  5. c_natty

c_natty Member

I use gatorade powder. best bang for your buck.

hurricane and Seven Dog like this.
  6. Evom1

Evom1 Member

I'm not a fan of dextrose or Gatorade because of how heavy it sits in the stomach during digestion from how much it pulls. Stick with highly branched cyclic dextrin.

Wheysted962 and Ironlord like this.
  7. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Poptarts. Great midworkout snack.

Gbro and Docd187123 like this.
  8. Ironlord

Ironlord Member

Highly branched cyclic dextrin is your best bet...

Wheysted962 and rutman like this.
  9. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Intraworkout nutrition is pointless if you eat before lifting unless you're on of the guys who feels like he's going hypo during a training session.

Rivnats and Dw725 like this.
  10. Ironlord

Ironlord Member

Feel like I've seen a lot of material lately stating that intra workout nutrition is more important than either pre or post.. Of course now I'm going to have to dig and see if I can remember where I've seen that lol...

11. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

If you can dig up what you've see then I'd love to look it over but nothing I've researched suggests that. You also have to remember a full mixed meal takes several hours to fully digest so that preworkout meal you have ~2hrs before the fm is also acting as an otra workout meal.

Gbro and Ironlord like this.
  12. Evom1

Evom1 Member

I feel as though John Meadows or Scott Stevenson has something on this.

13. Ironlord

Ironlord Member

I think John meadows for sure, I know that's where I got my ideas for what to put in my intra drink... I'll search when I get home tonight...

14. ErikR

ErikR Member

Docd, I been trying to find studies that they are useless . Do you have any links?

15. LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

I've never really looked at much research on it but would growth/slin make intra workout nutrition anymore optimal ? If you were doing your growth and slin pre workout and taking a fast acting carb and whey iso/bcaa's would it be better utilized in that scenario ? Or would they still not digest fast enough to be of any real use ?

I always see these protocols , and they seem like they're way overboard with the pre/intra/post nutrition . This is the one scenario where I could maybe see it is actually effective , but im kinda on the fence to whether or not its still just better to focus on your pre/post nutrition ?!

hurricane, Dw725 and Ironlord like this.
  16. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I dont go hypo, i just get hungry and snacks are life

17. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

Dr Scott Stevenson has written extensively about peri wo nutrition. He is also a competitive bodybuilder and founder of fortitude training.

18. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

I will look for them later. You have to remember, if you eat a regular mixed meal before lifting, it will take 1-2hrs for insulin and amino acid levels to peak and they stay elevated for hours later as well. This basically means that your preworkout meal will also provide intraworkout nutrition as well. Having said that, if you're already getting amino acids and whatnot during your workout, what makes you think you need more?

Yes GH and slin change the argument. You don't want to eat for a while after GH dosing so there's that.

With slin it's not just you should eat for better results but you also need to eat or you'll go hypo and die.

focusing on daily intake is always the number one priority. Slin users need to also focus on food intake around the active life of their insulin. For everyone else, getting some protein. And carbs around their workout whether before, during or after is all that's reall needed. You don't need to focus on all 3 bc there's going to be overlap between meals. For those who train fasted, which isn't the best choice for gaining muscle, post workout nutrition becomes more important.

Trust me, I've done Poptarts and brownies intraworkout for no other reason then it fucking rocks to eat them between sets lol.

Dr. Scott Stevenson also misinterprets data, ignores data that doesn't fit his narrative, and is flat out wrong on more than one topic.

19. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

Dr. Scott Stevenson also misinterprets data, ignores data that doesn't fit his narrative, and is flat out wrong on more than one topic.[/QUOTE]

That's just your opinion. I would like to hear about what specifically you are referring to rather than generalization.

He's one of the most knowledgeable in the field who practices what he preaches and is unbiased. Doesn't sell any supplements etc.

20. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

That's just your opinion. I would like to hear about what specifically you are referring to rather than generalization.

He's one of the most knowledgeable in the field who practices what he preaches and is unbiased. Doesn't sell any supplements etc.[/QUOTE]

No, it is not opinion. It is fact. I will post the bits that I see as time permits.

It's funny you claim he is unbiased when upon only a cursory glance at his website he is advertising 3 programs at $149-$249.

I too can unlock the "secret" of intraworkout nutrition for anyone willing to pay me that.