Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Ip address help

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by insaiyan93, Nov 17, 2016.

1. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Hey so google just sent me a notification that somebody had my information and was trying to log into my account. They stopped it and i changed password and shored up my account.

They gave me the IP address of whoever was tryin to get into my shit.

Was curious if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing, particularly how to track an IP address so i can find out who exactly this was?

2. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Did you ever get that password app I was telling you about a couple months ago?

3. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Fuck ya know i meant to and then i completely forgot about it haha

4. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

LastPass, it's a game changer.

MindlessWork and insaiyan93 like this.
  5. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Thanks. Im doin it this time for sure haha

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  6. Eman

Eman Member

You didn't put your old password in anywhere did you?

7. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Nope just on my phone. Which nobody would have access to, but the alert said that it was in georgia and i havent been anywhere near there in quite some time.

8. Remember that Georgia could also refer to the former Soviet Republic -- it doesn't necessarily have to refer to the American state. PM me with the IP address, and I'll see what I can come up with.

9. I can lookup an IP address, but it won't necessarily resolve to an individual. You can find out which country, and perhaps what region it's in, though.