Ironlyfe80 meet prep and training log

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Ironlyfe80, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

Starting a new program and scheduled to do a meet in 8 weeks, so I figured I would start a new log.

Today I started SFB Bully Yoga. It's very different than anything I've done before (program wise it isn't much though, before that I was lifting blind basically.)

Week 1 Day 1
    Comp DL
    135 X 10
    225 X 5
    315 X 5
    365 X 3
    15 sets of 405 x 2
    pretty gassing, I must say, but I probably could have added another 20-25 lbs and been ok

Double paused bench press
    135 x 10
    225 x 5
    5 sets 275 x 5

I think this was about the right weight as I didn't have much left at the end.

Paused DL to knee
    365 x 5 x 1
    Fatigue drop
    335 x 5 x 4

I felt like I could have added a few more lbs, but I was gassed and it was a solid workout.

2. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

First in this bitch

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  3. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Subbed. I start SFB Bully Yoga again tomorrow.

4. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

You win this day, sir.

franchise24 and Docd187123 like this.
  5. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

We have another guy running Bully Yoga now. Congrats! Are you going to be doing RPS meet or another fed? Don't hesitate to ask pillar questions. He's good at answering questions. Quite a few of us here that know his programming too

ickyrica and franchise24 like this.
  6. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

I literally beat you by milliseconds. I would be eating crow if you had hit the post button just a hair sooner lolol

franchise24 and Perrin Aybara like this.
  7. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

Nothing like 15 sets of doubles to start the week off right :D

8. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

The key to the doubles is to be explosive as all fuck. The weight itself is inconsequential in a way bc it's too light and not enough volume/TUT to cause much muscle or strength gains. It's supposed to teach explosiveness and power production mostly so if you need to keep it light-ish or take off a few pounds now and then do it so long as your acceleration is like a F-16 taking off an aircraft carrier.

9. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

Yeah, RPS. It was that or the Phoenix Europa in October. I think RPS is more my speed.

10. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

I was definitely trying to explode off the ground. I think I was doing pretty good. The paused rep to the knees helped me find a flaw in my conventional pull too. I realized I was starting with the bar too far away. I still have tons to learn. Filming it helps a lot too. Never really did it before.

Kakarot, ickyrica and franchise24 like this.
  11. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Very little politics and BS in RPS and Gene is such an awesome person in real life.

franchise24 and Ironlyfe80 like this.
  12. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

I'd film everything you can and look for improvements. Form breakdown is only really going to show up at heavier percentages (low reps and high RPE) but that doesn't mean you can't learn anything from filming lifter sets.

13. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

14. Johnny442

Johnny442 Member

Here!

15. Eman

Eman Member

Subbed

Docd187123 and Ironlyfe80 like this.
  16. franchise24

franchise24 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Subbed

Docd187123 likes this.
  17. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Subbed hard in this bitch!!

Film your sets, makes a difference set to set. Good first workout! I went way to heavy on my 15*2 and gassed out halfway through. Rookie!!!

Johnny442 likes this.
  18. Johnny442

Johnny442 Member

Hell, with all this talk, I'm hitting 15 doubles on skwaats right now! You fuckers ain't leaving me behind!

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  19. Subbed, good luck brother.

20. Kakarot

Kakarot Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Subbed for all the knowledge and powerlifting secrets about to be passed around.;)

Ironlyfe80 and Perrin Aybara like this.