Is constant mtor stimulation bad for longevity?

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by ErikR, Jul 24, 2018.

1. ErikR

ErikR Member

Over stimulation of mtor has shown to be bad for longevity. Excluding PEDs I'm starting to think the bodybuilding lifestyle is not good for you at all. I listened to a podcast from Ben Pakulski stating eating for performance and longevity are two different things. So do we need to pick one or the other??

TRT likes this.
  2. TRT

TRT Member

I'm afraid so but you can have a balance in my opinion. Digestion takes energy away from other things. That's why fasting for long periods have shown to have to some really good effects on even chemo patients going through treatment.
    I feel as though it has everything to do with lifestyle and genetics though. I've recently started fasting just because of this theory. There will come a day where I switch totally to longevity eating and training but right now...I'm getting yoked. Lol

ickyrica and ErikR like this.
  3. ErikR

ErikR Member

I been fasting as well for the same reasons.

TRT likes this.
  4. ErikR

ErikR Member

I guess nobody else gives a shit about health on this board. If I posted something like how much tren should I run , I would get a bunch of opinions. It's a shame because their are some really smart guys on this board.

TRT and ickyrica like this.
  5. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

There are some doctors on here you can ask

6. ErikR

ErikR Member

I dont think Dr Jim will respond because their probably arent enough studies to give a definate answer. A Dr. Usually doesnt give their opinion. I guess the only person that can give a educated opinion is @Docd187123 .

7. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Member

I'm a big proponent of fasting. A few months ago I did a 3-day water fast and the results were impressive both mentally and physically. I would like to do another one, a longer one but I'm on EQ and I believe the hunger pains would kill me. To those of you that haven't tried it do some research online first and decide if it's right for you or not. I will certainly be incorporating it into by lifestyle from here on out.

ErikR likes this.
  8. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

He's not a real doctor but does walk around in a lab coat. True story.

Logan44551 and ErikR like this.
  9. ErikR

ErikR Member

No, I know hes not a real Dr. But he does geek out on alot of stuff, so maybe he does have a opinion on the subject. It would be nice if this board had a few experts on nutrition for longevity and how to balance it out with bodybuilding or sports.

Logan44551 and ickyrica like this.
  10. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

very true :) and I'm sure he does

ErikR likes this.
  11. stevonov

stevonov Member

tons of studies on stem cell regeneration through fasting. im thinking of trying it out.

12. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Anything taken to an extreme will more than likely be detrimental to longevity. Those same things within moderation will more than likely not be detrimental to longevity.

ErikR and Dw725 like this.
  13. Dw725

Dw725 Member

It's been known for a while that bodybuilding for the vast majority of people isn't healthy. Surprised you just started to think this.

Like @Docd187123 said, anything to the extreme tends to be unhealthy.

Being passionate usually means taking it to the extreme.

If longevity is TRULY your goal, take THAT to the extreme.

Still a good chance you'll get hit by a bus or something though .