Is Trenbolone hepatotoxic?

Sworder

I don't think it has a positive effect on your liver. The negative effect could be trivial as the resilience of the liver has been shown on many occasions. Some people say it is toxic and some people say it isn't. The best would be to take labs for yourself to see. Take labs while you are off cycle, then when you are on cycle but without the Tren, lastly when you are on cycle with the Tren and compare the results.

solo47

Some people say it has a negative effect to your liver. Is this true?

For some people, it certainly does. When i run Tren my liver swells and filtration lessens. However, I drink alcohol (not to excess, but still...). It's never really gone into the "danger zone" however and quickly returns once the cycle is over. I run mega doses silymarin extract, too.

Others, it seems, report no ill effects on their liver or kidney. All I know izzat all AAS put some strain on internal organs; it's just that most of us are so healthy we can endure it.

Solo

solo47

How do you determine that filtration lessens?

I do the BW ordered by my physician, and he reads the results and tells me what they mean. That's what he told me certain readings meant — that my liver (at that time) was not doing its job (filtering the blood) as it should.

Solo

Bill Roberts

Steroid Forum Leader
Then your post follows completely from that, but your doctor did not explain well as it's not the case that elevated liver enzymes mean that the liver is necessarily metabolizing toxins more slowly (not filtering equally well.)

Ultimately when the liver has chronically experienced damage this becomes the case, but elevated enzymes themselves don't mean that the liver has already reached the point of functioning less effectively.

pumpingiron22

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
Trenbolone is not c-17 alpha alkylated, and is generally not considered a hepatotoxic steroid; liver toxicity is unlikely. This steroid does have a strong level of resistance to hepatic breakdown, however, and severe liver toxicity has been noted in bodybuilders abusing trenbolone. Although unlikely, hepatotoxicity cannot be completely excluded, especially with high doses.
Thanks Google

MR10X

Trenbolone is not c-17 alpha alkylated, and is generally not considered a hepatotoxic steroid; liver toxicity is unlikely. This steroid does have a strong level of resistance to hepatic breakdown, however, and severe liver toxicity has been noted in bodybuilders abusing trenbolone. Although unlikely, hepatotoxicity cannot be completely excluded, especially with high doses.
Thanks Google

While google is nice ,its not always correct information,It will pull up links to steroid forums that contain inaccurate information. More than likely the bodybuilders that had liver toxicity were using more tha just tren,or at least he should have.

Paperclip

Here's a quote from "Effects of Androgenic-Anabolic Steroids in Athletes":

Injectable testosterone cipionate [sic] and enantate [sic] preparations do not appear to affect liver function enzymes, whereas (nor-)testosterone esters may induce parenchymal lesions of the liver.*

*Ishak KG, Zimmerman HJ. Hepatotoxic effects of the anabolic/androgenic steroids. Semin Liver Dis 1987; 7: 230-6

solo47

Then your post follows completely from that, but your doctor did not explain well as it's not the case that elevated liver enzymes mean that the liver is necessarily metabolizing toxins more slowly (not filtering equally well.)

Ultimately when the liver has chronically experienced damage this becomes the case, but elevated enzymes themselves don't mean that the liver has already reached the point of functioning less effectively.
Thanks for the clarification, Bill. Perhaps my physician was warning me that my enzymes were so elevated that improper filtration was a possibility.

Solo

Sponsors

Latest posts