Is your Growth Hormone real? A guide to find out (updated)

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by heavyiron, Dec 23, 2012.

1. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

HGH is expensive and often faked so about 1 year ago I began testing HGH using HGH serum and igf-1 testing via blood work. During this period of time the real world experience of testing HGH led me down an exciting road of research and learning. It is my hope to share my experiences and the science behind HGH testing so that HGH users may know for sure that the products they are injecting are genuine.

Hygetropin1.jpg

The Protocol

10 iu rHGH Intramuscular injection (IM)
    Have your blood drawn 3-4 hours after injecting.
    Fasting is not necessary.
    No strenuous activity for at least 30 min prior to test.

With a 10iu vial, inject 1 ml (cc) into the vial that contains the GH powder/puck. Direct the stream of water down the side of the glass, being careful not to direct the stream of water directly into the GH powder; swirl gently until the powder is completely dissolved in the solution. DO NOT SHAKE THE VIAL.

*WARNING* GH serum testing is a crude method for confirming GH potency.

What do the results mean? My research and experiences indicate that injecting 10iu IM of pharmaceutical grade rHGH yields a serum level of between 15-50+ ng/mL in most cases. However this is a general range and should not be interpreted to form a strong opinion about the potency of HGH products. Several tests should be performed to determine an individualistic response.

Originally I began serum testing after injecting HGH subcutaneously (SC) however after some research and several lab tests I determined that SC injections did not raise GH serum levels as much as IM injections.(1)(2) This led to confusion as other users were injecting IM which made their results look dramatically better. In order to avoid confusion several veterans including myself decided to adopt IM as the standard method for testing serum HGH levels. What we learned along the way was quite interesting.

Several men were getting fantastic results with various brands of underground and overseas HGH but I and another man were getting mediocre results at best. It seemed as though we were just unlucky. Our serum levels routinely fell 10-20 ng/mL lower than the others results. After about a half a dozen lab tests I decided to administer USA pharmacy HGH to help determine my response to a known potency of HGH. My results were staggering. My serum levels again fell short of what was expected. I tested less than 20 ng/mL. At that time I concluded that I was a low responder to HGH and that serum testing was a crude method at best for proving HGH.

However a pattern was forming for me. 10iu of HGH was resulting in a range of about 14-24 ng/mL. This has given me a personal range that reflects real world experience not just some text book answer. The studies indicate that I should respond higher. The real world disagrees. Why?

Maybe it’s my body weight or maybe my size (surface area). Maybe I just don’t respond well to HGH. Maybe it’s something else. My journey to find out left me questioning. Those questions led me to more research. I still feel like the answer is somewhat elusive but what I discovered next gave me a balanced understanding of just how crude GH serum testing is.

In 2004 a study was conducted that measured GH antibodies in children who had received Growth Hormone over a 6 month period. 4 of the 47 children showed the presence of antibodies against rhGH. The researchers concluded that the main concern with anti-GH antibodies could be their ability to neutralize circulating growth hormone and inhibit its growth promoting effect.(3) Therefore we must be careful not to erroneously conclude a batch of GH is fake if a user’s results are substandard. This supports the view that several lab tests should be conducted with a known potency of rHGH. This will prove if the subject is a low responder to rHGH.

Although this serum method is crude it does provide valuable insight. I have a known response to USA pharmacy rHGH. If an UGL or overseas product can elevate my GH levels as high as the US pharmacy GH I can be relatively confident that my GH is genuine.

It is my hope that many users follow this protocol and record their responses here so we can further understand how injecting rHGH affects serum levels in a wide range of people. This will increase our knowledge and also protect members against those who sell fake products.

~heavyiron

References

1 BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology | Full text | Pharmacokinetics of recombinant human growth hormone administered by cool.click (TM) 2, a new needle-free device, compared with subcutaneous administration using a conventional syringe and needle
    2 Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of GH: dependence on route and dosage of administration
    3 Growth hormone antibodi... [Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2004 Jan-Apr] - PubMed - NCBI

Gunrunner likes this.
  2. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

10 iu euroking Hygetropin rhGH IM at 3 hours 5 minutes~24.2 ng/mL

Hygetropin.jpg

The Protocol

10 iu rHGH Intramuscular injection

HygetropinLabs.jpg

Michael Scally MD likes this.
  3. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

There are so many counterfeits, I think everyone should do this to verify any underground HGH they obtain regardless of the source

Michael Scally MD likes this.
  4. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

HI
    Why are you suggesting GH testing when IGF is the current lab standard?
    The reason GH testing is so "crude", the innumerable influences on serum levels like time of day to diet.

The justification for IGF testing as a MUCH MORE RELIABLE means of rHGH product analysis ........relatively prompt and sustainable steady state concentrations of IGF compared to GH!
    :banghead

5. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Because we are not trying to determine natty GH levels.

6. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

I injected 10 iu US pharmacy Tev-Tropin GH IM with a serum result of 19.7 ng/mL 2 hours 41 minutes after administration.

A while back I decided to fill a prescription I have for HGH to see how US pharmacy GH performs in my body. I ordered a serum HGH blood draw to see what 10iu of very high quality GH will measure. This will provide a baseline to measure other GH against, at least in my body. My insurance does not cover the GH so this testing cost me about $300.

The Protocol

4-2012 Labs.jpg

7. Sworder

Sworder Member

What's your baseline?

8. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Apparently this is my baseline. I injected "10 iu" generic Chinese blue tops from Uncle Z and this was the result.

1-9-12 HGH results.jpg

I then retested with another vial to make sure.

1-11-12 labs p2.jpg

I contacted the advertiser and then he corrected the issue.

9. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

Your not trying to determine. "natty" GH levels? Contextually how does the term "natty" apply to the subject at hand?

Nonetheless, the reason rHGH is measured in IU lies with the premise of biologic activity.
    That is, IGF analysis is the established biologic benchmark to determine GH effectiveness..

(This is analogous to checking blood sugar levels to determine the biological effects of insulin, which is also measured in IU, rather than measuring insulin directly).

The point is, the measurement of GH, especially spot analysis, DOES NOT determine efficacy as the result of supplementation.

ONLY IGF testing defines the quality or "potency" of ANY rGH product whether it's "generic" or pharmaceutical grade and NONE of the former have achieved statistical significance in MULTIPLE users I've analyzed for IGF.

The news is disappointing but true, IME, yet is it really that surprising considering how outrageously expensive and technically difficult rHGH is to manufacture.

Still don't believe me? Locate the original source (the fact that it's rarely possible to do so should generate undue skepticism alone) of any "generic" rGH and if it's not a licensed and registered lab from the country of origin, IT's BUNK GUARANTEED!

Consequently for those folks whom desire testing of a purchased GH product, the determination of IGF levels remains the GOLD STANDARD.

Regards
    Jim
    :)

10. matthewjasper

matthewjasper Member

Did you also try Jintropin Gensci i read somewhere?

11. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

The reason docs use igf-1 testing is because natural GH levels are influenced by diet, time of day, physical activity, etc however when you inject HGH there is a measurable GH curve that is not influenced by diet, time of day etc. So even though this is a crude method, if GH serum levels rise well outside the referrence range we know we have injected HGH.

HGHpharmacokinetics.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    Dr JIM likes this.
  12. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

LOL, you post like WP. Yes I did.

13. Sworder

Sworder Member

Makes sense that it would be close to 0, I wasn't thinking.

Couple questions, have you tried with peptides to see if they produce any results or are you aware of any tests that would indicate results of peptides on testing?

How would the pulsatile GH administration affect IGF? Is it that IGF has a longer active life or is the relationship still largely unknown? Asking those questions while assuming that GH/IGF correlate and that IGF doesn't spike within hours as it does with GH.

14. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Some guys are seeing spikes in GH with other peps but I don't know how comparable those spikes are.

I posted the igf-1 info in the chart above. The second section is the IGF-1 increases after GH administration. IGF-1 rises and stays elevated for quite a while.

15. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

There is NO DATA that supports that contention HI, a "measurable GH curve", more appropriately referred to as AUC or "area under the curve" from rGH is most certainly influenced by exogenous and endogenous factors.

Look at your OWN IGF/GH data for a comparison. IGF levels, although double or tripled, are MAINTAINED for DAYS under the influence of rGH.
    However the difference between high and low levels of GH achieved from the same dose of rHGH, or VARIANCE, ranges between 10-80 ug/L (dosing at 0.77IU)

Moreover the GH peak occurs at 4 hours, whilst returning to baseline 6-8 hours thereafter, all of which is consistent with rGH. Consequently the growth hormone AUC in this instance generates a EIGHT FOLD VARIANCE, which is fully inadequate by any lab standard.

The analogous comparison is a serum glucose of anywhere between 40-320mg/dl because of "treatment" from a product which is purported to "lower blood sugar" for example. Well then, either the "DRUG" or "TEST" is BUNK!

Consequently the reason "doctors" don't measure GH levels is because a MUCH more reliable, credible, reproducible, and CLINICALLY PROVEN method of determining efficacy of rHGH already exists, IGF testing.

Now what does all that mean? Contrary to what you have been suggesting, IGF levels are minimally influenced by external and internal forces which DO EFFECT GH levels (regardless if it's "supplemented") such as; diet, exercise, time of day, glucose/insulin levels, baseline level comparisons, etc.
    If you don't or won't believe it to be true EXPLAIN THE VARIANCE observed in YOUR GRAPHS from a KNOWN rHGH product!

Ergo the reasons you've mentioned for utilizing a VERY "crude" alternative of rGH analysis, when comparatively precise testing for rGH is the recognized standard, are simply erroneous and should be abandoned for IGF measurements.

Regards

16. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Well, if we measured igf-1 after injection it would not conclusively prove that we injected GH. What if your "gh" was IGF-1? Do you see the problem? In other words the vendor could pass off IGF-1 as GH. Therefore we measure serum GH levels.

Many many guys have used this protocol and when GH levels are 3-5 times upper limit it is logical that they have indeed injected HGH. Where do you think this GH spike comes from after injecting GH? Obviously it is from the GH injection.

I agee the varience is big with GH but the point is we are determining that the GH we have injected is in fact GH. However with all that said I have no problem if a guy does both IGF-1 and GH testing at the same time as that would be ideal. Some of my first testing was with both IGF-1 and GH serum testing. Now that I have seen dozens of labs I can tell pretty easily if a guy has injected GH or not.

17. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Z Chinese Blue Top rHGH serum results. (after the recall)

10 iu injected IM at 6:22 AM MST in left medial delt.

Blood draw at 9:42 AM~17.9 ng/mL 3 hours 20 minutes later.

The Protocol

3-21-12 HGH results.jpg Test#005.jpg

18. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

The real problem is GENERIC GH or IGF is BUNK, period and only those on a beer budget believe they can purchase fine champagne for the same price, LMAO.

Moreover for a variety of metabolic reasons IGF levels do NOT fluctuate like rHGH during supplementation partially because the elimination half life of rIGF-1 is rougly TEN times that of rHGH (2 vs 20 hours).

Furthermore the process required for legtimate IGF production is just as tedious, expensive and intellectually demanding as rGH, such that I AM CONVINCED, NO "GENERIC FACILITY" IS CAPABLE OF MANUFACTURING A QUALITY rHIGF or rHGH PRODUCT!

Regardless, it matters not which vendor this BUNK is purchased from, the most reliable means of confirming or refuting efficacy remains the measurement of IGF rather than GH levels.

19. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Not if you are injecting igf-1 thinking its GH. ;)

20. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

WP Jintropin rHGH and MSD Sustanon Labs

October 25th one 250mg amp of Sustanon was injected. November 1st at 5:36 AM 10 iu rHGH was injected IM.

Total testosterone was 714 ng/dl one week later.

Growth Hormone Serum was 13.8 ng/ml 3 hours and 22 minutes later.

The Protocol

Testosterone and rHGH levels are typical of Testosterone and GH injections. Due to the short propionate and phenly-propionate esters in Sustanon it's obvious this result is good as the labs were a full 7 days after Testosterone inject.

World-PharmaResults.jpg SustAmps-WP.jpg Jintropin.jpg