Jesus I love EC stack!

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by OldFatAndSlow, Jan 29, 2018.

1. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

I never knew anything about ECA and how effective it was until a month ago. I’ve always been a grumpy ass dieter, caving to carb cravings and never leaning out in the process. I’m rolling EC 2-3 times daily and I’ve never taken anything so mild that absolutely curb stomps hunger and cravings without geeking you out...dam it’s great to learn something new even though it isn’t, lol. I’ve always used OTC herbals and they suck or fuck up your stomach. EC is money.

2. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

Thanks for the review man.
    Updates on the results are helpful too!

3. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

Running EC twice a day, started dec 26. Dropped from 228 to 200 as of today. So 28# in 30 or so days. I’m looking to lean out to the mid 170s before going on a bulk. After the bulk I plan on cutting again and starting a 16wk show prep. Weight cut for my height for NPC classic is 182 or 175 if I can slouch enough, lol. If I wind up below 170 I’ll enter physique. I hope to enter my first show as a novice late this November

BDFJ81 likes this.
  4. Bumaga

Bumaga Member

Man listening to your plan and resolve is fucking awesome! Kill it! You got a plan and a time frame.

I struggle with some of the same issues. If I could drop 15lbs I would be in my zone. Diet is good these 15 are stuborn as fuck I may shed three or four one week only to have them back two weeks later. I am not familiar with ECA?

Best of luck at the big show!

OldFatAndSlow likes this.
  5. Eman

Eman Member

What else are you running? You don't lose almost a pound a day from just EC stack.

HIGHRISK, fodsod and TheH0517 like this.
  6. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

I’m clean at the moment besides EC. I feel like I’m carrying too high of a fat percentage to use anything else at the moment. Hence the fact I want to lean out before gearing up for that short bulk run. I’m getting good sleep, weight training fairly moderately, and eating really clean. Water only, Low carb, low to no sugar, good protein good fats. I’m also intermittent fasting on a 20/4 schedule. I kind of went nuclear option on the weight loss. The faster I drop the faster I can get on is the way I see it, lol. I decided to do this on the feeling that I just flat hated the way I looked in the mirror with no one to blame but myself. I’ve been in good shape before (12% maybe leaner @170 in the military) and Ive been geared up bulky soft (210@probably 17%) I’ve really slipped in the last 5-6 years and not kept up. I’ve decided that nothing is going to stop me from getting in the absolute best shape of my life at what’s gonna be 37 in March. Now if that means I can get to legit single digit fat at 175#, well I guess that will be left to be seen later this year. I know it’s going to be the toughest challenge I’ve ever taken on. Regardless if I make it to show shape or not by the end of the year, I hope to have a physique I can be proud of and have something to build off of for next season. I really really want to show, even if it’s just once, but I want it to be a quality attempt. Then who knows where I go from there.

BDFJ81 and Inquiring Mind like this.
  7. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

Ive always been able to drop weight fast, it’s just the fact that I absolutely hate everything and everyone while I’m doing it. (I really enjoy food. Big steaks, carbs, and beer, lol.) To the point that I always quit and get complacent before I ever get truly lean.
    With EC, I’ve never felt better while cutting. Good mood, focused, and no lethargy. Besides being completely bored with what I’m eating it’s like I’m not cutting at all really. Hopefully it’s the little push I need to continue above and beyond.
    I’m sure EC stands nowhere close to clen or other sure fire cutters, but I think it’s mild nature and effectiveness will allow better loss in a long term project like myself as I can run it longer and not deviate from the plan. It produces enough result to keep me pointed in the right direction and motivated.

8. Eman

Eman Member

Part of your problem when you were cutting before, and probably why you drop weight so fast, is cutting carbs too low.

Carbs don't make you fat, calories do. You're cutting them really low and dropping a ton of muscle glycogen.

Consider making them a more moderate intake in your diet. It sounds like you're not dieting in a super sustainable way.

Just my .02... And yeah, EC is awesome. Aspirin tends to make it hit me harder.

Btcowboy, fodsod and OldFatAndSlow like this.
  9. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

I might toy with adding a few carbs in spots as long as I continue with the progress. I’m aware that you can eat snickers bars and still drop weight. Cals are indiscriminate.
    As far as sustainability goes, I feel like I could keep this up for forever. I feel good. Great even. I’m usually looking for all kinds of low/no cal options for cheater snacks/drinks by now. I have absolutely no desire or craving for such crutches at the moment. I want clean foods....it’s really hard to explain, I’ve never really had that feeling.
    That being said, I’m sure I’m going to have to revise some things once I get down into the 180s.
    Without any help I’m usually mad enough to eat nails by the time I hit 180, so far I just don’t see that happening with the EC helper. I’ve yet to add any aspirin, maybe I’ll dabble with a little here and there.
    Thank you for the input. I’ll take any experienced advice I can get to help me along.
    As of now I’ve just listened to my body and stayed with what’s worked for me so far.

Eman likes this.
  10. Redrum42

Redrum42 Member

Hate to be this guy but your post is sending up some red flags. You are too concerned with how you feel. You are on a stimulant, a psychoactive drug, so of course you feel great. This doesn't really have anything to do with results. Also IMHO your post is a little reminiscent of tweaked out posts you see on sites like bluelight. Be careful when using psychoactive drugs. They have been the end of many promising BB/PL careers.

Dropping almost a pound a day is waaaay too fast. You're likely losing muscle and/or glycogen. For me, a fast cut is losing 2lbs fat a week. I would aim for closer to that. Also, maybe i misread, but going from 228 to 170-175 is pretty unusual. Were you very high body fat at 228? Most people, if 230lb off-season, would maybe be like 200-190lb stage weight.

Can you post stats (years lifting, weight, bf% estimate), dose of EC(A), macro ratios and calories? Basically impossible to give advice without that info. Also before and after pictures would help people give advice.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Inquiring Mind and OldFatAndSlow like this.
  11. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

So, 12 weeks in. Ive added a few choice cals here and there, but have stuck with my regimn. I still love ec stack! But im to the point to where im satisfied with the results and its time to slowly start adding cals to catch my weight and develop a true maintenance on a 40/40/20 ish macro split. Im gonna go 1g P per/lb, 20% fat, and the rest will be carbs.
    Im sitting at 183 today from roughly 230 12 weeks ago. Ive been off the EC for two weeks and still feel awesome. Once i get my true new maintenance, which i predict to be about 2200-2400cal, im gonna bump it up a touch, staying strict clean like i have been these last 3 month, and see if i can add a bit of lean mass. Its really been a pretty easy cut as extreme as it looks on paper. Now its time to add a little choice muscle and get ready to shred after summer. So far so good, i have the november show still as my goal.

12. Wunderpus

Wunderpus Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You COULD, but it won't be fat... A lot of water, glycogen etc. plus a small amount of fat. I would bet money that the results will come to a screeching halt around this point...

13. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

Did i miss a post or was one deleted? If not, could you clarify wonderpuss? I chose to stop EC at week 10 yet maintain my defecit. The scale is still moving south, my fat loss is still around 2# a week. Now i want to stop the loss and find a true clean maintenance. Im sure ill continue to fall weight wise as i creep up to maintenance. Maybe come to a hold around 175-178 is where id guess. A 45# loss is a pretty significant change in body composition, mirror change has been dramatic and ive actually managed to increase weight in quite a few lifts. Im in the gym about 8-10 hrs a week, drinking a ton of water, and feel awesome. Pumps are good and getting quite a bit of vascularity while training. All in all id say it was a pretty sucessful run. I feel good about it anyway.

14. Wunderpus

Certainly would've been more helpful to have a pre, intra and post BF% measurement... Scale weight is fine, but, it doesn't really mean TOO much. I can drop 10lbs in one day.... You will lose weight in a deficit, such is the way things work. You keep saying "fat loss" of X pounds, I'm not sure that's accurate... Who knows? I'm glad it worked out for you, it sounds like you've found a successful method that works for you, if overall weight loss is your goal. Personally, I truly only care about lowering BF% and raising LBM%, the scale is relatively worthless to me.

bickel29 and OldFatAndSlow like this.
  15. Eman

Eman Member

Pretty obvious there was a lot of water and glycogen dropping off... So yeah, screeching halt for sure.

EC is nice but it doesn't create a 3500cal deficit.

16. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

No doubt puss, it all about dropping fat% while increasing lbm. The scale does not do that. The sole purpose of this was to get myself back to a good square one base. In tourn its instilled that drive to stick with a plan, and helped me get back into meal planning and looking at foods for their nutritional value, not just see food eat food. These three months have allowed me to get to a solid starting point is the way i look at it. From here on i can come up with a solid plan, look at the mirror and say ya that works or no that doesnt. I was in such bad shape before, i felt like shit, i didnt give a fuck, and i could of added 15# of lean mass and i wouldnt have been able to tell where i put it on at. I was at 230# of sterotypical dad bod....not pretty. Fat and nasty. I just let myself slip for a few years and it really snuck up on me.

Wunderpus likes this.
  17. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

I dont reckon i dropped 45# of water and gly while increasing strength

18. OldFatAndSlow

OldFatAndSlow Member

The only thing im trying to get across is this. I worked my ass off, in a huge defecit to get where im at now. I would not have been able to maintain that defecit and function without the EC

19. Wunderpus

I'm much happier to hear that it's provoked a healthier change in lifestyle, than the lbs lost... The pounds will come back if the lifestyle isn't changed, I hope you continue down a positive path in terms of results.

20. Kpaxi

Kpaxi Member

You like eca? Try clen