Kim Dotcom wants to take Bitcoin mainstream with MegaUpload+Bitcache

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Millard Baker, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Kim Dotcom is integrating bitcoin into MegaUpload 2.0 with feature called Bitcache. He expects it to push bitcoin mainstream

Eman likes this.
  2. Eman

Eman Member

How realistic is $2000 I wonder??

3. TS561

TS561 Member

Not very likely IMO. If bitcoin goes mainstream then one would have to assume behavior models consistent with all other commonly traded forms of currency. So the two key factors in my humble estimation would be:

1) Arbitrage
    2) Currency demand vs supply

So I would think about 1100-1200 as an absolute top end. Just my opinion though.

4. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Well, there's no real limit on the price if it really goes mainstream? But that's the real question. Will it?

And how mainstream? Black market mainstream? Paypal mainstream? Visa/MC mainstream? Gold mainstream? Preferred store of value over banks mainstream? Replace USD/RMB/EUR mainstream?

But how likely is any of that? It's all speculation.

5. Eman

Eman Member

I think it could reach a more mainstream status. Honestly, it's a really convenient form of payment for me and I'd have no problem using it to buy items other than something on the black market.

With that said, I think you're right... how mainstream is the question. How mainstream is an intangible currency going to get? I don't know, maybe when credit cards went mainstream they asked some of the same questions. I'll be interested to see what the prices do though!

6. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Personally, I think the technology is revolutionary. Before bitcoin, who would have ever thought a censorship-proof, immutable and trustless financial network was possible?

Eman likes this.
  7. master.on

master.on Member

Would that make it easier for steroid users and juicers to buy or sell BTC?

8. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

I believe bitcoin is going to get bigger and bigger. If for no other reason than that there is a huge gray/black market economy that is already taking advantage of its convenience and security.

9. pumpingiron22

pumpingiron22 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Me too. I think the tech behind the block chain is even more so. That is the only reason that you see Bitcoin is a positive light. Banks are very interested in it atm. It is also being used for contracts land titles and home titles and will be the future on how every thing is done. Im still a big believer in BTC but after a interview with Roger Ver he opend my eyes if if is not bitcoin it will be a digital currency. It really just depends on what the public will adopt. Citi banks has came up with there own. Funny thing though the banks want block chain tech but dont understand it and cant manipulated.