Knee pain when wide stance squat? Is that norm?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by averageJoe, Apr 27, 2007.

averageJoe

averageJoe Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I've been started doing wide stance squats and it's the second week now and my knees are killing me. Am I doing something wrong?
    I've been doing normal squats down to the basement but never felt any real knee pain that made me worry. However, since I've started doing wide stance and the next few days my knees are killing me. During the excercise I can feel some pain (definately more than normal squats) but it's the next few days that the pain gets sharper. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? My legs are wide wide and my toes are pointing outwards about 45 degrees. I've tried turning them less than 45 degrees but it didn't help.
    Any suggestions?

role model

role model Junior Member

Go back to the way you normally squat, before the pain. Is my only suggeation

jsupstarz

jsupstarz Junior Member

When your in a wide stance your toes should be pointing out almost (2inches) COMPLETLEY away from you.

averageJoe

averageJoe Junior Member

I'll try that too and see what happens

averageJoe

averageJoe Junior Member

I don't wanna give up just yet because my inner quads and adductors need a lot of work.

role model

role model Junior Member

averageJoe

averageJoe Junior Member

averageJoe

averageJoe Junior Member

well, I've finally found the sweet spot today where my knees don't hurt :)

jsupstarz

jsupstarz Junior Member

GOOD FOR YOU, I will have a beer for ya!@!!!! jsup:D

P951

P951 Junior Member

Hooray, I'll have a beer for you also:eek:

oldtimer

oldtimer Junior Member

The only time my knee would hurt squatting is when I lean forward more than I should while squatting down (I can tell by seeing my knees going further forward than my toes).

Good to know you found the sweet spot, but in the future, pain in the knee could be bad news if you continue doing it.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.