Largest steroid bust in history

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by NYHomeboy, Sep 24, 2007.

NYHomeboy

NYHomeboy Junior Member

aragorn1500

aragorn1500 Member

A complete waste of tax dollars.

beardman77

beardman77 Junior Member

I just saw an internet news report. 56 labs. Anyone see a list?

Bosnian_Brawler

Bosnian_Brawler Junior Member

It would be nice to see a list, for those unlucky people who ordered from them..

Lizard King

Lizard King Member

BILLYGRINGO

BILLYGRINGO Junior Member

this came off the DEA's web site, bros be careful there are naming soem labs and names on this page

"Operation Raw Deal is a four-prong strategy focusing on: raw material manufacturers/suppliers in the China and other countries; underground anabolic laboratories in the United States, Canada and Mexico; numerous U.S.-based websites distributing materials, or conversion kits, necessary to convert raw steroid powders into finished product; and Internet bodybuilding discussion boards that are the catalysts for individuals to learn how to illicitly use, locate and discreetly purchase performance enhance drugs, including anabolic steroids. Many of the underground steroids labs targeted in this case advertise and are endorsed on these message boards.

According to the charges filed in connection with Operation Raw Deal, worldwide manufacturers of the raw materials needed for steroids use websites to market their products and even provide guidance to potential customers. Steroid Internet message boards and chat rooms also use the latest technology in an effort to keep their business transactions and those of their customers anonymous. These websites, chat rooms, and message boards also provide information about how to convert the raw material into finished steroid product and boast of their ability to resist law enforcement scrutiny. In addition, these sites promote and often sell conversion kits that allow customers to convert raw materials into steroids themselves from home. Besides steroids, many websites targeted also offered other dangerous drugs and chemicals such as ketamine, fentanyl, ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and GHB. "

Drzane

Drzane Junior Member

Just joined the forum today. I am trying to make heads or tails of all the busts. I'd have to say I am a little concerned because I order for personal use from TLand, and currently have an order out. Any advice???:confused:

lou123

lou123 Junior Member

In Connecticut they are going after the end users.

WTNH.com, Connecticut News and Weather - Wilton man among dozens arrested in steroid bust

"Typically, DEA investigations focus on drug suppliers and dealers. But now that the DEA has the ability to identify the largest numbers of people who received illegal shipments of drugs during Operation Raw Deal, Payne said, "If you are one of those people, you could get a knock at your door."

"The Internet has emerged as a popular source for those seeking performance-enhancing drugs without the required prescription, prompting Operation Raw Deal to employ a four-pronged strategy. The investigation targeted U.S.-based websites that distribute materials such as conversion kits necessary to turn raw steroid powders into finished product; Internet body building discussion boards that teach individuals how to use, locate, and discreetly purchase steroids; raw material manufacturers and suppliers in China and other countries; and underground steroids labs in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
    Bosnian_Brawler

Bosnian_Brawler Junior Member

THat is bad news....I am not sure what can they do if they search your place and don't find shit....

Drzane

Drzane Junior Member

That's kind of what I am thinking. They can search high and low and not find anything. Do they still have the power to prosecute just from a list??

role model

role model Junior Member

I wouldn't worry about anything, most of us don't even have $500. worth of gear at our homes/apts.
    Trust me, there will be no search warrants issued for this unless they know something was delivered today.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
    lou123

lou123 Junior Member

In reality who knows what they can do. If they have your name, what you bought and how you paid for it with shipping records they can charge you with a crime right there. Using the internet or phone is anothe crime. It's another crime if your transaction crossed state lines. The list goes on and on.

Basically if they are deciding to shut these places down by targeting the end user even if you are found innocent they can make your life misserable.

From reading that article there is a good chance that the FEDS were on this website also.

Anyway I would be very carefull for a while especially with who you deal with.

javajoes_lance

javajoes_lance Junior Member

You know it really seems as s backwards if you look at statistics steroid use and abuse is so far down the line you couldn't find it with a microscope. Yet millions if not hundreds of millions of our tax dollars will be spent in investigating and prosecuting these miniscule problems. Chock up another idiocy for the #$@#%%#$@#@#$ you know. Well hopfully they made many mistakes and most of the people will get off. It seems by removing suppliers of real product the are going to create more problems, ie counterfiters and just plain dangerous product. Good luck guy's if your on the juice it may get very dificult to find real and safe product.

lou123

lou123 Junior Member

From reading the articles it seems many of the labs they busted were not sterile.

This could have the same effect ( although short term I believe) as 1991 when they reclassified steroids as schedule 3. The foreign markets weren't big then and if you could find anything real it was EXPENSIVE. $80 for a 10 ml vial of T 16 years ago wasn't uncommon.

ChaseQ

ChaseQ Active Member

Very interesting. I read an article about this situation on New York Times website. Pretty shitty deal. It is sad to see so much tax $ going to investigate and prosecute these crimes. History has proven that it will only cause a supply shortage, increasing prices. Not to mention this is only a temporary result at best. All the time that money could have fed the hungry and help saved lives. Shit, I think you could have purchased a few bulletproof jackets for our brothers fighting in Iraq.

Well this the country we live in. SO in the short term we can take something from this situation...

Run your shit threw Whatman filters! For shit sakes these guys were manufacturing in bathtubs people!:eek:

unt0ld

unt0ld Junior Member

I have 2 china sources.

Both are still in bizness.

lou123

lou123 Junior Member

Most of these big busts only lead to more places going down.

I'm sure you realize if you know about them so do others and according to the article the FEDS are on the message boards so I would BE CAREFULL

novicebb

novicebb Member

This will not shut down all the UG labs but it will make consumers more reckless, some more cautious and others more desperate.

Also this will make UG labs even more desperate. Don't be surprised if many of them won't respond to your email initially. Also this will definitely drive prices higher. I assume that sources have to establish that their Chinese lab sources are secure and not compromised. Shoot even the DEA are going after suppliers of material for making UG gear so that many sites that supply vials, oils, ba, BB and what not may be targeted or demand of their mailing list seized.

This is scary. This will breed innovation but it will set us back and drive up prices. Many of us are going to have to be more clever when placing orders.

deathgrip07

deathgrip07 Junior Member

Many well thought responses. I still cannot get over the fact that this bust was funded by tax dollars better spent on crimes where there is a clear victim. While I understand AAS are controlled substances, one must concede that usage and sale of AAS is far less likely to cause death, or lead to other crimes much like the use of Cocaine or Meth lead to. Heck look at alcohol or nicotine. Both are the root cause of many diseases and deaths each year. The US Government has set sights on AAS due to the pressure of the professional sports organizations, much like any other corporation, I'm sure they lobbied hard for a crackdown mostly to save their own asses and their profits.

Money could be much better spent on Education, National Defense, Illegal Immigration control and prosecution, Social Security reform, Healthcare reform, etc, etc, etc.

unt0ld

unt0ld Junior Member

Very Scary!!!

Goodthing I have enough to last me a looong time.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.